LCVG

G.D. Red Sox, Friggen A's, Damn Yankees!

JTello

-Well looks like my beloved Red Sox found another Spectacular way to blow another post season lead! :shock: In dramatic fashion the Ole Towne Team was able to snatch defeat from the jaws of victory! :cry: If you missed it, it was a GREAT GAME, one of the best I've seen in quite some time,... and the Sox lost on a BUNT! A Friggen BUNT! And Byung-Hyun Kim, don't get me started on this wicked loser,... I can see all the Diamondbacks fans smiling right now (Don't they have Lemon Laws for this type of crap). He and Alan Embree should never be allowed to take the mound again unless the team has at least a 10 run lead. :evil:

-And since I'm all about bitching right now, how about the start time for this game, 10:00 EST ??? Now you need to know that this game went 12 innings,.... and ahh, yep, that's right, the game didn't get over till 2:45am back here on the east coast. This should give you a good chuckle,... I get up for work at 4:15am,... so please excuse any spelling errors or flying F-bombs that might find thier way into this text. ;) Oh yeah, and the Red Sox are scheduled again to play TODAY AT 4:00pm, just 13 hours and 15 minutes after what must have been one of the most draining loses they've faced,... how do you get focused for this next game? Ugh! Also, did I mention that my loyalty to MLB is sorely in jeapordy already, and this big F.U. from Bud Selig and MLB is a real kick in the arse! Selig, what a tool that guy is!

-Listening to sports radio this morning the most positive thing they could draw after that heartbreaker was thte consolation that the Yankees also lost thier opening game. ??? What!!! I'm really thinking we are pathetic here in N.E.

-Well, that said,... I can't wait for game two! ;) I'm looking forward to the up coming Red Sox Vs. Cubs World Series, it'll be heaven! :green:

-Note: Props to the A's, they played a great game last night and they fully deserved the win.

• Replies 103
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hardcore Yankee fan here, JTello.

First off, the game last night was fantastic, but what a huge letdown for the Sox after that great late-game comeback.

It's curious as to why the Sox seem to do this to themselves every postseason - why the heck do they burn out their pitching staff so early? Pedro going 130 pitches, Lowe coming in, and all that - I understand you want to win every game, but you do have to think about the future a bit.

The A's are starting to look like a team with postseason experience. The Sox need to mellow out a bit, I think. The series will be interesting.

The Yanks lost their first game. They gave that game to the Twins. That was embarrassing, and I have a feeling they'll be in fine form tonight.

We Joel's think alike. Aside from being fortunately(?) located in the middle of the country (the debacle only lasted until 1:45am for me), I agree with everything you said... And, what's with giving up before the play is over? Mueller could have at least chucked that ball at first base in an atempt to cancel the winning run, but he just stood there. Gah!

-Bryan, don't worry about me, I'll feel much better when I get your gyrocopter in my hairsight, hehe. :green:

-Stencil, you are spot on about buring out the starting pitchers, did you see Pedro, his arm was like rubber at the end, I can't believe he got out of there. Reminds me of the baseball video games where a pitcher starts out great but as the game wears on the pitcher gets more vaunerable AND THEN as the game wears on a even more the pitchers gets so weak that the hitters get no power from him and thus the hits are weak. Yep, Pedro was pretty much burnt out by the end.

-But Stencil, you must feel for the Sox managers a little bit, you've got a similar issue in NY in that the bullpen is very suspect, albiet much better than the Sox. I hate to see the starters getting burned but I would also be sick if I had to call in the Sox bullpen.

Our team in a glance,...Sox Hitters A+, Sox starters B-, Sox Bullpen F- - - - - -

-I'm actually hoping the Yanks get past Minn, as I would like to see a Yanks Vs. Sox match-up followed by the Sox and Cubs. Go Yanks! Well, go weakly, but win never-the-less.

That was an amazing game, no doubt about it. Its what October baseball is all about.

Now let me just say for the record I'm an A's fan, but since I'd love to see a Red Sox/Cubs World Series, I'm actually rooting for the Sox. And Byung-Hyun Kim should be barred from the post season hence forth.

Holy Crap Joel, we Joel's are errrrily alike, I've been saying that same thing about that Mueller to anyone who'll listen today! (I work in a great place,... many Sox fans here!) I would have rather seen him have a throwing error and knock some kids teeth out in the stands behind home plate that see him sit there with the ball glued to his hands..?? Brain-fart for sure!

Speaking of things being glued to things, the Braves and Cubs have combined for an amazing number of called third strikes with RISP. The bats are glued to their shoulders. And I love how they immediately crouch down like they are going to take a crap while the umpire rings them up.

Swing the G** D*** bat you morons!

Originally posted by EdR@Oct 2 2003, 12:51 PM

Heh, I'm not even a baseball fan, but here in the Bay Area it's pretty crazy with two teams in the post-season...some people went to both the Giants game, and then to the A's game yesterday

I still have my "Battle of the Bay" World Series shirt from 1989 (I was in the area visiting a friend the day before the 'quake. Missed being in it by about 24 hours). It was craziness around there.

I still don't understand why Grady pulled Byung after he got the strike out in the 9th to get to 2 outs.

What could it hurt to have him pitch to Durazo. He brings in Embree who has given up a walk and a hit to Durazo in the two times he's faced him.

I just didn't see the point of that move.

Glen

I still have my "Battle of the Bay" World Series shirt from 1989 (I was in the area visiting a friend the day before the 'quake. Missed being in it by about 24 hours).

I suppose having two teams in the playoffs is a sure sign of another big quake...we just had a small one a few weeks ago...only a matter of time

Originally posted by Bryan_ZZ@Oct 2 2003, 11:50 AM

Speaking of things being glued to things, the Braves and Cubs have combined for an amazing number of called third strikes with RISP. The bats are glued to their shoulders. And I love how they immediately crouch down like they are going to take a crap while the umpire rings them up.

I noticed the A's doing a lot of that last night, too. They had a huge opportunity in the 9th to win the game and they spent the inning arguing with the umpire and not swinging at close pitches. Sure, some of the calls were questionable, but you gotta leave your complaints in the dugout during the playoffs.

That was such a great decision to lay a bunt down in that situation, and it was even better execution. Great game.

The problem I have with this years playoffs is that the 4 american league franchises I hate the most are in the playoffs. Im a Jays fan so naturally I loathe the Red Sox and Yankees, and back in the day the Jays faced Minny in the playoffs so I hate the twins, and of course the Jays faced Oakland a few times so I hate them too. The only saving grace is that I can kinda cheer for Oakland and Minny since they are facing the 2 teams I hate most :).

And no hate isnt too strong of a word.

-Ouch, Sox lose again and I drop to 0-5 in our Live ESPN League,... I really should consider hobbies other than sports and gaming,... I mean really, how hard could origami be?

-I didn't believe the Sox were going to win this series and now it looks like they probably won't. That old addage 'Good pitching always beat good hitting' seems to be true. That is why I felt, and still feel, that the Red Sox would'nt go much further in the playoffs. All season they have feasted off poor - mediocre pitching and stuggled agaist the top elite pitchers. I would love for the Sox to make me sound foolish for saying this by blowing out the A's and other teams, but I just don't see it happening at a sustainable level.

-For those of you who saw the Sox games, how annoying is it to listen to the announcers gush over how "Dangerous" and "Potent" the Red Sox hitters are, ... I'm think I'm gonna puke! Not only is it annoying to hear them say it -as the Sox stink it up at the plate (Manny you hear me?), but also being the proverbial Sox/sports fan I am prone to a wee bit of superstition, and of course Joe Buck and Co. over at ESPN are Jinxing the Sox in the box big time!

-I will not stop rooting for the Sox till the last out, but I'm pulling for the Cubs if the Sox do bow out at any point. I'm a sucker for the underdog and ugly ducklings of sports! I guess I ask for it, I make my own bed and here I lie! :cry: :D

Ok Whooter, I've never been to The Metro Dome, but the most recent description in my memory was regarding an article on ESPN.com near the beginning of the season regarding Kenny Rodgers and how he should excel in MN because of the dome being a good pitchers park. Taking a look at his ERA 4.57 doesn't help much, it's probably right about where it should be a t this point in his career. But I do believe I've heard the park being called the Homer Dome, so you are more likely correct. My real point was that the yanks have been real weak on D back in the Bronx, and so can only imagine what might happen to them when a seed goes rocketing across that teflon field they've got,... it could get ugly.

-And sorry Stenc, but but if the Sox go down I'm gonna be rooting for the Twins to win,... I'll be looking for a 'Battle for the Best of the Midwest' series, Cubs and Twins.