LCVG

Snakes On A Plane...Official Discussion for those seeing it

Rob B

Where I'm at with this movie as a movie lover...

I like the concept of the though back to cheesy b-movies. However I'm am absolutely terrified of snakes, so I?m on the fence. I want to see it for the throw back style wise but then I don't want to see it because of the phobia thing............

This is a theater movie. If you have a good packed house, the experience increases greatly as people react to the movie. Not many times that applause breaks out DURING the movie.

As for the snakes. I'm a major pussy with thriller horror movies and snakes, and I had no major problems sitting through this movie.

Go see this movie. You can't be disappointed.

Wow, 15.3 million, and even then only if you count Thursday night's 1.4 mill? That makes no sense at all. I would have thought the internet buzz alone would have produced something in the $30-40 million range, even if the movie sucked (which by most accounts it does not). Weird industry.
You may see a better than normal "oh it doesn't suck" second weekend crowd.

Wow, 15.3 million, and even then only if you count Thursday night's 1.4 mill? That makes no sense at all. I would have thought the internet buzz alone would have produced something in the $30-40 million range, even if the movie sucked (which by most accounts it does not). Weird industry.

People regularly overestimate the 'size' of the hardcore on the Internet. Same thing happened last year with Sin City & Serenity.

People regularly overestimate the 'size' of the hardcore on the Internet.

Ding ding ding! Exactemundo.

That being said, this was one damn fine movie and I laughed my ass off while watching it. Unlike most movies, see it with unruly college students for maximal pleasure.

People regularly overestimate the 'size' of the hardcore on the Internet. Same thing happened last year with Sin City & Serenity.

Funny you should bring those up, as I was thinking specifically of Serenity when I was writing my post. It seems strange because I spend so much time online (boring job) but blogs and cyberchat don't equal asses in seats, that's for sure.