LCVG

Rainbow Six 3 clan?

Guest BurtReynolds

Guest BurtReynolds

I thought maybe we could set something up here. I wasnt a huge fan of Ghost Recon because I prefer the building to building action of the Rainbow Six Series. I know that there was a GR HTF clan, any interest in getting a Rainbow Six 3 clan going? If so, Im down! (or in, or whatnot)

:D

Oh, there's love, I just don't like to commit to a clan of any game before the game is out. The game looks promising, and I have it pre-ordered, but I want to actually get some gaming in before I decide that I want to turn it into something regular.

Same here. I have too little free time to be allocating it this early. It will be interesting to see if this game hooks the majority of LCVG's Live gamers. I mean longer than two - three weeks after release. I have no doubts the game is awesome, but with so many other great ones coming out in the same timeframe I wonder how many will be dedicating most of their time to RS3.

I have no doubts the game is awesome, but with so many other great ones coming out in the same timeframe I wonder how many will be dedicating most of their time to RS3.

I have been looking forward to RS3 for a long time on the Xbox. I'm a huge fan of the PC version (Raven Shield) and the PC game has one of the few online components that have kept me hooked for a good while. I'll be devoting as much time as possible too it. I would imagine a great many current Ghost Recon players will be moving to RS3 as well. The only other Live game I have interest in right now are Top Spin and Crimson Skies. RS3 will be the main squeeze (Im debating on CounterStrike).

I would imagine a great many current Ghost Recon players will be moving to RS3 as well.

Absolutely, most of us have pre-ordered it, so it's natural that we will continue our Live fun with RS3.

I'm not sure if clans will develop, however. I, for one, enjoy the casual group play we have now with Ghost Recon and probably wouldn't be interested in the commitment involved in a structured clan where there are tryouts, practices, etc.

Of course, maybe the game will rock so hard that I'll be spending all my free time on it anyway... we'll see. Ask me again when it comes out.

Burt, if your interest in a clan is because you'd like to play regularly with the same group of people, you'll get that either way with the LCVG Peanut Gallery.

As to the competitive aspect, well, I'm not that good and my schedule is too erratic.

And, Dean, you can't come to Pennsylvania; Boss Hogg said you're not to cross the county line, remember?

-j

Guest BurtReynolds

I'm not really looking for anything rigid as the last thing I am is Rigid, just looking for a group of guys to play other groups of guys online as I feel that the RS series really lends itself to structured manuevers in the way that Ghost Recon didn't allow because of the small unit size.

Originally posted by BurtReynolds@Oct 7 2003, 12:42 PM

I'm not really looking for anything rigid as the last thing I am is Rigid, ...

Who's on this one? ;)

The unit size problem in GR is an apt observation. That was one of the problems I saw with GR tourneys with small (anything under 4!) teams. And given the large maps and limitations on the number of players, it's hard to get around that problem.

I hope the smaller maps on RS3 lends itself to a small-unit tactical approach more than a run-n-gun play-style.

Nevertheless, we've got a great group of people here and if the game holds up we'll have a ball on Live.

-j

I am pretty much preparing to dive headfirst in to RS3. The way I see it right now is that most of my non-PSO Live time will be split between GRIT and RS3; probably more RS3 when it is first released. That said, ask me again about the clan thing once the game is released.

Whether we get in to competitive matches with other groups, the LCVG gang is and always will be a pleasure to play with.