Sturm Brightblade

Mark Worden

Riverwind & Gilthanas

Phil Lamarr

Bupu

Jentle Phoenix

Laurana

Caroline Gelabert

The original trilogy was a big part of my childhood...I must have read "Autumn Twilight" thirty or forty times at least. The only books I read more were The Hobbit and The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy. So I'm naturally a little nervous about a movie adapatation. Hopefully it will turn out well...I would love to revisit that part of my geeky adolescence.

Hmm, could be interesting. I loved these books when they were first published, but they haven't aged well for me. Didn't even know a movie was in the works.

Well, the first few were designed to parallel the D&D modules (See: Annotated Chronicles notes) - they certainly suffer for it. The books don't run free of the D&D modules until toward the end of the last Chronicles book.

I was just re-reading these (just read Dragons of the Dwarven Depths - new book in between books 1 & 2 of Chronicles).

I generally kind of suffer through the first Chronicles books up until toward the end of book 3 - I consider the end of #3 and the Twins series the actual quality books of the series.

Yea, I do have the annotated chronciles as well as all the PnP modules. :) I'll have to check out Dragons of the Dwarven Depths. And I'd agree, chronicles gets much better towards the end. I do think the realitive simplicity of the story line will help out in the big screen translation. It should be quite feasible to easily stay on track with the story and not need to prune or greatly alter important events. :)