LCVG

Happy Birthday Covak!

Carlucci

Covak turns 27 today. I managed to land an EXCLUSIVE interview with him.

Covak rarely ventures into the Controller down section of this forum, so I kept it simple.....

-------------------------

1. What kind of work do you do?

I'm a programmer for KOEI Canada, a new video game development studio in Toronto. Currently working on Fatal Inertia for the PS3 launch (a hover vehicle racing game with physics-based weapons, using Unreal Engine 3).

2. You recently revealed your real name is James, taking some of the mystique away from your forum presence. So where did you get Covak from?

When I was first signing on to BBS' I liked the name Havoc but wanted to come up with something original.

I've given my real name any time anyone asked :P I don't think I play with LCVGers often enough for people to remember, though. I prefer Covak anyways. That's what my coworkers call me so I hear it all day :)

3. What is your earliest videogame memory?

Coleco Vision. Some Smurfs game, BC's Quest (or was it Adventure?), Donkey Kong, etc. I wasn't really hooked until the first Super Mario Bros., though.

4. What is your favorite game of all time?

Hmmm... for multiplayer its Splinter Cell versus mode, easy. For single-player, though, it's hard to say. Star Control II was my favorite for the longest time, but there have been so many awesome single-player adventures since then... I especially loved Wind Waker, Metroid Prime, and Shadow Of The Colossus, but I don't know if I can pick a favorite. I have a bad habit of forgetting single-player games since they often take 10 - 20 hours and then I play a few hundred hours of multiplayer before the next one :)

5. What's hobbies/activities do you enjoy when you are not playing videogames?

Watching movies, listening to music, playing guitar. Love playing with dogs, and we just got a puppy so I'm doing a lot of that every day now :) There isn't really much free time I spend not playing video games, though ;)

6. What is your favorite movie?

The Shawshank Redemption.

7. Favorite band or music artist?

It's a toss up between Metallica and The Beatles.

--------------------------

No worries, you will always be Covak to me. "Covak" sounds better as an arch-nemesis. ;)

Have a great Birthday!

Carlos.

Happy Birthday Covak!!!

I'm a programmer for KOEI Canada, a new video game development studio in Toronto. Currently working on Fatal Inertia for the PS3 launch (a hover vehicle racing game with physics-based weapons, using Unreal Engine 3).

So thats how he kicks our butt's in all these games. He works on them :td :D

Happy birthday, Covak!

Your date of conception was on or about 30 November 1978 which was a Thursday. You were born on a Thursday.

The Julian calendar date of your birth is 2444108.5.

The golden number for 1979 is 4.

The epact number for 1979 is 2.

The year 1979 was not a leap year.

Your birthday falls into the Chinese year beginning 1/28/1979 and ending 2/15/1980. You were born in the Chinese year of the Goat.

Your Native American Zodiac sign is Bear; your plant is Violets.

You were born in the Egyptian month of Paopy, the second month of the season of Poret (Emergence - Fertile soil).

Your date of birth on the Hebrew calendar is 30 Av 5739.

As of 8/23/2006 8:13:25 AM EDT

You are 27 years old.

You are 324 months old.

You are 1,409 weeks old.

You are 9,862 days old.

You are 236,696 hours old.

You are 14,201,773 minutes old.

You are 852,106,405 seconds old.

Celebrities who share your birthday:

Kobe Bryant (1978) Nicole Bobek (1977) River Phoenix (1970)

Shelley Long (1949) Rick Springfield (1949) Barbara Eden (1934)

Mark Russell (1932) Vera Miles (1930) Gene Kelly (1912)

Top songs of 1979

My Sharona by The Knack Bad Girls by Donna Summer

Da Ya Think I'm Sexy? by Rod Stewart Reunited by Peaches & Herb

Hot Stuff by Donna Summer I Will Survive by Gloria Gaynor

Escape (The Pina Colada Song) by Rupert Holmes Ring My Bell by Anita Ward

Babe by Styx Too Much Heaven by Bee Gees

Your age is the equivalent of a dog that is 3.85988258317025 years old. (Life's just a big chewy bone for you!)

There are 365 days till your next birthday

on which your cake will have 28 candles.

Those 28 candles produce 28 BTUs,

or 7,056 calories of heat (that's only 7.0560 food Calories!) .

You can boil 3.20 US ounces of water with that many candles.

In 1979 there were approximately 3.1 million births in the US.

In 1979 the US population was approximately 203,302,031 people, 57.4 persons per square mile.

In 1979 in the US there were approximately 2,152,662 marriages (10.1%) and 1,036,000 divorces (4.9%)

In 1979 in the US there were approximately 1,921,000 deaths (9.5 per 1000)

In the US a new person is born approximately every 8 seconds.

In the US one person dies approximately every 12 seconds.

Your birthstone is Peridot.

I only started working as a programmer a year ago :P

I'm gonna have to pay more attention to these threads. Didn't know about the interviews until it was my turn. Fun :)

I had no idea that you worked for KOEI. Can you get me some copies of PTO and the Warship titles? hehe.

PTO? Warship games? I don't know KOEI games, heh :)

My reason for not calling you by your preferred name is that you owned me in SC adversarial mode (and Rainbow Six, OverG, etc, etc) to the point of embarrassment. ;)

I'll remember this.

I'll remember this.

What, you're going to kill me next time we play? That's like telling me that if I die, you will kill me.

The only thing worse you can do to me is possibly a "tea bag" for extra humilation. But that's not your style. So I shudder at the thought of wandering into a Live session with you now. :)