LCVG

Upcoming Movies The Sequel (Part II)

Graeme

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just finished wataching V for Vendetta. I must say, the film did something I never thought it would....move me. I won't go on a political rant since I know it is a no-no, but this film makes you really think about the world we live in today and the leaders that are in charge.

-Dean-

I watched it yesterday, Agree with you as well

• 2 weeks later...

I saw WTC this weekend. While the subject was deeply moving and evocative of the anger felt on that day, the movie itself was just kinda meh.

There really wasn't anything much that stood out. No directorial style, no truly awesome performances, just not much at all. It could very easily have been an ABC movie-of-the-week, IMO.

So, as a story, it's excellent! But as a movie, it was just okay. I would recommend United 93 over this one.

Carlos.

This is stunning. I've been in love with the concept of two movies about the Iwo Jima conflict each told from separate points of view since I first heard about the project some years ago now. Clint Eastwood directs relatively unknown casts for both films, from screenplays by William Broyles Jr, Paul Haggis and Iris Yamashita with Steven Spielberg on board as a producer on both.

Here's the Japanese trailer for both Flags of Our Fathers and Red Sun, Black Sand

http://wwws.warnerbros.co.jp/iwojima-movies/trailer/large.html

The plan for all territories is that 'Flags' will open first followed by Red Sun Black Sand a month or two later (October and December respectively for Japan and US releases of the films). Both, obviously, will be primed for the Oscars next year.

I passed the fine line where pale Asian kids scare me anymore. I've seen all the originals of these movies years ago and have quickly tired of the sub-genre. Now, Saw III, that's a movie I can sink my teeth into, and I admire the fact they have been cranking them out for every Halloween.

Dreamworks and Warner have given the go for Sweeney Todd. Johnny Depp is going to star and Tim Burton is set to direct. Fantastic news, any time Johnny Depp and Tim Burton team up pure gold is made. Filming starts at the beginning of the new year for a Holiday 2007 release I would guess.

Zombie fans can look forward to another Romero zombie film. He is hard at work on Diary of the Dead:

http://www.cinescape.com/0/editorial.asp?aff_id=0&this_cat=Movies&action=page&type_id=&cat_id=270338&obj_id=52080

Land of the Dead wasn't fantastic, but I thought it was decent. The plot for this film sounds like an utter disaster. Hopefully Romero can pull something decent out of it.

I'm glad to see I got to start this new thread!

Anyway, I got to see Little Miss Sunshine the other day and LOVED it. I had high expectations for it and, for once, a movie managed to meet, and probably exceed my expectations. So funny and quirky. Really my type of movie.

The Motel looks like it could be quite good too.