LCVG

Top Spin anyone?

foogledricks

This is the XSN game I am most excited about. I am interested in Amped 2, but this game has always interested me - and I'm not a tennis fan. I really liked Virtua Tennis, and felt I didn't get much out of the game simply because it required competition besides the computer. With XBlive, well, bring it on. Anyone else excited for this game?

• Replies 105
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Oh yeah! There's an old thread here that I started, back in May I think, about this game...I'm so happy that it's looking like it will play as good as it looks!

I'm more excited about this than Links, but I'm certain I'll end up with both.

EDIT: Hmm, the Eurogamer article isn't quite as enthusiastic. But then, they didn't get to play online which could make a big difference, IMO.

I'm not sure I agree with their statement "...because there was nothing wrong with Virtua Tennis in the first place..." - I think VT is amazing, I love it...but lets face it, it's very hard to hit the ball into the net or out of bounds, which makes it a little less realistic than it could be (not that realism always makes for a better game!). I think there's room for improvement over VT, TS may or may not be better, but I'm glad they are trying new things instead of copying what came before...we'll see how it plays.

-Fired up my DC and played VT with my girlfriend just the other day, MAN did I ever kick her ass!!!

-JK, ;) she's damn good at it, we pretty much split our games 60(me) / 40(her).

-This is what I do like about VT and what peaks my interest in TS. It is one of a small handful of games that my GF and other non-gamers tend to enjoy for any real length of time. I could live with never purchasing TS, but once we go over my friends house and hit TS in 4-player mode my GF will most certainly want it. And of course there's no way I'd say no to a video game purchase she wants. <--(spoken by the ID part of Joel's brain.) :)

• 3 weeks later...

Sounds great again. I hope BB gets their stock out in a hurry. I went looking for Grabbed By The Ghoulies on Saturday (street date last Tuesday) and they said they hadn't even opened the boxes yet! :shock: If that happens again the Blueshirt will not clock out until he finds my Topspin. :twisted:

I hope BB gets their stock out in a hurry.

-No kidding! I visited 3 different BB's throughout last week checking for CS. None of them ever even held a copy (according to the sales people). What gives with that? If you in charge of a retailer wouldn't you be sure to get your hands on new releases ASAP and make sure the associates stock them ASAP. Doesn't this just make good business sense. A game released on Tuesday, and selling like hotcakes, should certainly be on shelves by the following Sunday. Of course I just went with T R US . Since I would still like to use my $50 giftcard I now get to start all over again with Topspin. Crossing my fingers that they'll have it in by New Years!

Ill have to hold on for at least another week on this one. Got Call of Duty, Rainbow Six 3 and Final Fantasy XI this week and I really don't want to expend anymore money until my next check (I just got Grabbed by the Ghoulies, Rebel Strike, Castlevania and Crimson Skies last week). Next week though Top Spin will definitely be in the house.

IGN's closing comments in their Top Spin review:

Simply put, Top Spin is the best overall tennis game out there. While Virtua Tennis and even Mario Tennis are great games, Top Spin's added depth, online play, and beautiful graphics make it the tennis game to have, no questions asked.

That doesn't mean it's perfect, though. The career mode could use a bit of beefing up, there could be some more online modes, and we'd love to see mixed-gender matches, but as is, Top Spin serves up a tennis package that's currently the one to beat. And the best part is, even gamers who aren't tennis fans should be able to pick this one up and thoroughly enjoy the wazzoo out of it.

If you own an Xbox, it should be mandatory to own this game.

Ah, I can't wait for my workday to end!!