LCVG

Harmony 880 $149.00 shipped

Bruce B

Yep, a couple of my friends have them too. Once I got a good look at what these remotes could do I had to have one. Plus, the universal remote I got with my Rotel pre-amp several years ago is starting to fail on me. Several of the buttons don't work so well any more. I really have to mash down on them in order to get them to respond.

I would recommend a demo of this remote before jumping on this great price.

After living with the 880 for a few weeks now I wish I hadn't purchased it. Sure, the set-up is second to none but the button layout is simply horrible. It's just not an everyday remote. Impossibly small buttons placed for looks as opposed to intuitive ergonomics. The construction of the device is pretty bad too. Cheap plastic which feels worse than most $20 "one-for-all" remotes.

I guess if you need a remote for occassional use it ought to suffice. However, if you intend this to be your daily channel changer I'd recommend going elsewhere.

I would recommend a demo of this remote before jumping on this great price.

After living with the 880 for a few weeks now I wish I hadn't purchased it. Sure, the set-up is second to none but the button layout is simply horrible. It's just not an everyday remote. Impossibly small buttons placed for looks as opposed to intuitive ergonomics. The construction of the device is pretty bad too. Cheap plastic which feels worse than most $20 "one-for-all" remotes.

I guess if you need a remote for occassional use it ought to suffice. However, if you intend this to be your daily channel changer I'd recommend going elsewhere.

The plastic part doesnt bother me. The construction of it might bother me if I had small children around that might send it for a ride, but otherwise Its treated so gently I dont see the construction as a detrimant. I eliminated the annoyance of finding the channel changing buttons by programming my favorite channels in with icons so that you can use the screen to jump around to your favorite channels. The ergonomics are not as good as my mx-500 was, but ease of use is alot better.