LCVG

Steam - The Discussion Thread

Romier S

• 3 weeks later...

Figure ill dump this here as i don't see a portal 2 thread.

the PS3 version of Portal 2 include cross platform play (PC/Mac vs. PS3) for multiplayer games, persistent cloud-based storage of PS3 saved games, and cross platform chat (PC/Mac and PS3).

In addition, those who purchase Portal 2 for the PlayStation 3 may unlock a Steam Play (PC & Mac) copy of Portal 2 at no additional cost by linking their PSN and Steam accounts.

I for one welcome our new Valve overlords.

I for one welcome our new Valve overlords.

Yep. I made a big deal of the initial announcement of Steam integration in the Portal 2 thread (I'm going to copy that news item in that thread also) and it looks like we may some exciting things from Valve moving forward with their PS3 releases. If they could get other publishers on board with stuff like free Steam play copies of their games, cloud storage etc...oh boy.

Here's that Portal 2 thread by the way:

http://www.lcvg.com/index.php?/topic/13298-valve-portal-2-and-the-steam-integration-what-the-future-could-hold/page__p__359908__hl__%2Bportal+%2B__fromsearch__1#entry359908

Wait.... so I can get the PS3 version and download the PC version for free? ... I... Love... Valve.

I love Steam Cloud. It's really neat that if I start a game on my laptop in the living room, I can pick right up where I left off on the Off-The-Hook Desktop.

Now if only Steam had a download queue. ;)

• 4 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Monday Night Combat is on sale for $10.04 on Steam this weekend; it's also FREE to download and play all weekend if you want to try it out in any capacity, and there is also a 4-pack combo deal where you get four copies of the game for $30 if you have friends who want it.

I bought it, despite having it on the 360 as well because the game is just that much damn fun. Robust community, still active given the ease of finding a pile of games to get into last night :).

• 3 months later...

The Steam Summer sale is starting today. Publisher Packs area available, gonna be holding out for front page deals on the couple things I'd like to pick up.

Also Team Fortress 2 just went FTP. No reason what so ever to not pick it up if you don't already have it.

Joey - add me to the group, if you can. I'm Painkilller on there, just like on 'Live. 3 L's, of course. :)

Are you Painkilller or Painkiller{FMJ}?

Plain Painkiller hasn't been on in a long time

I'm on there as dcaordnrt. Please add me to the group and send friend requests.

Peter when I search for your name, it does user not found. Just me a friend invite, and then Ill invite you in.

Magicka complete pack is a great deal at 8.49. Excellent game in single player and coop. Just recently added a PvP mode which I haven't tried out yet (coop can become very PvP depending on your group of friends).

Probably picking up Hoard today. Maybe Darksiders as well.

And thanks Joey for getting the adds out.