LCVG

Most loyal fans in the NFL?

Robot Monkey

http://www.bizjournals.net has ranked NFL fans by loyalty. You can read the article and look the results and methodology, too:

http://www.bizjournals.com/edit_special/43.html

Cleveland, Kansas City and Philadelphia are ranked 1, 2, and 3. Arizona, Atlanta and Oakland came in 30, 31, and 32. I'm sure there was some kind of error caused us Philly fans to ranked third and not fourth, but otherwise it's pretty interesting. ;p At least we were ranked second for overall support.

You can look at a chart of data for all the teams or browse by the data by team. Here's an example of the info on the "by team" page:

Philadelphia Eagles

Support factors (NFL medians in parentheses)

Overall support rank of 32 teams: 2

Average attendance: 66,221 (63,808)

Percent of capacity: 99.8% (94.7%)

Attendance fluctuation: 1.0 points (12.7 points)

Difficulty factors (NFL medians in parentheses)

Overall difficulty rank of 32 teams: 25

Winning percentage: .559 (.500)

Market population: 6.9 million (4.5 million)

Per capita income: $37,503 ($33,635)

December high temperature: 44 degrees (52 degrees)

All figures are 10-year averages (1996-2005) unless noted.

I thought this was going to be a poll thread, and I would have put Cleveland on top for sure. I wouldn't have gone with KC next, though...that surprises me. Also, Oakland at the bottom of the list is surprising, too, considering all the press that the "Oakland Zoo" gets. I guess their fans play better on TV than in real life, like the "Cameron Crazies".

Why not Kansas City? Those games have been sold out for years and will be for the next 50+. They rank second in terms of the wait for season tickets behind the Packers.

I'm not saying the article is wrong, just that KC fans don't get a lot of play on the airwaves. I always hear about Cleveland fans and their "Dawg Pound", Green Bay fans on the "frozen tundra", Raiders fans and the "Oakland zoo", hell even Redskins fans with those pig-snouted transvestites, but in all my years of football watching I haven't heard a whole lot about KC fans, good or bad.

When you live on Long Island it's not exactly a bus and train ride to get to the Meadowlands

Every city has fans that have to travel to games. 3 of the Packer games are for "Milwaukee ticket holders." When they used to play 3 games a year at County Stadium those tickets were primarily bought by people in Madison and Milwaukee, so there are 50-75,000 driving 2 to 3 hours on a Sunday to see a Packer game in Green Bay now three times a year. Add that to the fact that the stadium in Green Bay seats more people than there are in the city of Green Bay and you get the idea that this isn't a team just for that city, it's a team for the entire state.

Glen

Every city has fans that have to travel to games. 3 of the Packer games are for "Milwaukee ticket holders." When they used to play 3 games a year at County Stadium those tickets were primarily bought by people in Madison and Milwaukee, so there are 50-75,000 driving 2 to 3 hours on a Sunday to see a Packer game in Green Bay now three times a year. Add that to the fact that the stadium in Green Bay seats more people than there are in the city of Green Bay and you get the idea that this isn't a team just for that city, it's a team for the entire state.

Three States here (NY, NJ, Conn). Beat that :-)

Ok thats my last post in this bickering

• 2 weeks later...
It wouldn't be the Saints thats for sure, we show up with bags on our heads.

New Orleans Saints...Who Dat?

Heh. I used to get funny looks wearing a Saints jersey around the Midwest a few years ago.

I think after this year, the Arizona fans may move up on that list. The entire home season has been sold out. Since July. :eek