LCVG

Looking for a decent podcast download app that isn't itunes...

ChrisBardon

So far, I've just been downloading a few podcasts here and there using Sage (an RSS reader addin for firefox), and listening to em on my Nomad. I'd like to get something a little better though, and I know there are a lot of apps out there that will automatically download the enclosures. I tried a few of them though, and I haven't found anything that does exactly what I want.

I don't really care about automatically copying stuff to a device or crap like that, but what I do want is something that will automatically check a podcast's RSS feed, download any new mp3s, store them in a directory of my choice, and re-tag the mp3s with information from the RSS feed (show title etc). There are a few apps that advertise this that I tried, but none of them seemed to be able to deal with re-tagging files.

I'm also really not interested in installing itunes, since I don't own an ipod, and I'm not interested in another bloated applicaiton that's going to try to monopolize all of the media on my system. If it's really going to be the best solution then I can deal with it, but I'd rather find something else.

Is there anything out there that actually works as advertised?