LCVG

NBC's Heroes

Dave C

• Replies 336
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I'm looking forward to this series. My one reservation (from the small sample we've seen) is that with such a large ensemble cast the commercials had an almost 'Lost' feeling to them. My fear would be that the show is very slow in developing, revolving around very slow character development. Obviously character development is key to any successful show, but it can be painful when shows center on one or two characters a week when actual story lines almost feel like small filler. If the show moves along into storylines, action, and hopefully conversion of the group and thus group development, this show could be quite enjoyable.

• 2 weeks later...

My comment wasn't so much about the quality of the series. Having not seen an episode at this point I'm not qualified to make that statement :). Still, I just don't know if the general public will be overly interested in the show and, while that says nothing of its quality, it could spell doom for its longevity.

No discussion, yet?

Great pilot episode, and a nice twist at the end. Can't wait to see how that resolves itself...

I thought they did a good job of introducing a lot of characters and giving background on each of them without wasting a ton of time doing it. Obviously they're all going to end up together at some point, will be interesting to see how they do that. The threads are already in place.

I enjoyed it, although having seen 1000 commercials for the show I think I already saw the entire show in bits & pieces before hand. I'm looking forward to seeing this show develop. I also hope it catches on with viewers.

ditto.

I thought some parts were a bit forced/contrived but I guess they needed to set the plot up quickly to keep viewers interested. Overall I enjoyed it and will tune in weekly.

Watched it last night. Agree that this is worth a spot on the DVR series recordings. I liked they way they used subtitles in the scenes with the Japanese teleporter, with them being up next to the characters, and not down at the bottom of the screen. I've never seen that done before. Also, was not really sure about what the "Mirror" powers were for stripper girl. Can anyone explain? I get the teleporting, invulnerability, see the future, and flying powers of the others, but moving around in a mirror? What does that do? Apparently something lethal.