LCVG

Have you had an Xbox 360 break down on you (three rings of death)?

Romier S

Have you had an Xbox 360 break down on you (three rings of death)?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Have you had an Xbox 360 break down on you (three rings of death)?

• Yes, I have had one Xbox 360 break down
    • Yes, I have had multiple Xbox 360's break down (state number in thread)
    • No, but I've had lockups across several game titles
    • No, my system has functioned normally (minimal lockups, regular play without interruption)

Got my 360 on 12/22/05 and haven't had problems, except one lockup that I remember and one that my sons reported.

This is despite regularly disconnecting the unit and moving it upstairs/downstairs since me and my kids share it.

Am I wrong for being kinda-sorta hopeful that it WILL have the ring of death before the year is out, just so I can get it over with and have it repaired/replaced for free?

Carlos.

I'm getting about one lock-up a week, not in any particular game. (Even a couple times on the dashboard.) Considering I play it every day, one lock-up a week isn't too much of an inconvenience... but I do worry that it's the first step toward eventual failure.

I've also only had my machine for a couple months, and will be purchasing the extended warranty before the 90 days are up.

Wow! I'm the only one so far that has voted having two systems with the three rings of death. My launch system locked up a few times and died that same day (around 7 months in without having any issue during that span). I received a refurb from MS which lasted a week. They shipped me a new system this time around.

Mine ran perfectly until my brother started playing Oblivion. He left the game in the system shut off a few times and I think it might have done something to it. I occasionally get E86 errors when I first start the machine up, possibly due to the intercooler I have installed on it.

Nearly all the time when I start it up without a game in the machine and none of the fans on, it boots right up.