LCVG

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part V

Dave C

X'06 Briefing Day (Or Bringing it Home -Day 8)

Today is Wednesday here in Barcelona, and X'06 kicks off tonight. I will spend the day over at the event venue taking some photos as the crew sets up for tonight's briefing, and trying to get a handle on the announcements. I'll be (audio) recording the briefing and posting it as soon as possible...plus we'll posting the complete briefing video on the X'06 Event Page on Xbox.com as soon as we can following the briefing. Sorry, Xbox.com (US) is not streaming the briefing live..but the UK site is. You may want to bookmark the Xbox.com X'06 page, as it's going to start filling up with with screenshots, pictures, video and more after the event kicks off. One more thing: the below list is not all of the Marketplace content for today. More content will go live later today to coincide with the briefing. I will post the moment I have the confirmed list and the content goes live.

Demo

Sonic the Hedgehog

Trailer:

Kane & Lynch: Dead Men Trailer

**ADMIN NOTE**

This is a continuation of the Xbox Live Marketplace discussion. The previous threads on this topic can be found here:

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part I

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part II

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part III

Xbox Live Arcade and Marketplace 360 Discussion Part IV

• Replies 430
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Feels twitchy to me' date=' and I'm constantly walking off the edge.

Of course, maybe I just suck...[/quote']

I felt the same way. The controls are very twitchy. Also I found the gameplay to be too fast for the sucky camera to keep up. One second your running straight, then you jump, attack an enemy and then your running off the edge of a cliff. After trying the demo twice I exited and deleted the sonuvabitch immediately. Not my cup of tea I guess. I just found it extremely anoying.

Doom is on its way to Xbox Live Arcade. This version of doom will also feature 4-player coop over Xbox Live, all four Doom campaigns, online versus modes, and a smoother overall look than the original game. Price is 800 points!

Doom for Xbox Live Arcade

Here's a screenshot of the game running on Live Arcade:

[ATTACH]2293[/ATTACH]

Alleged XBLArcade pricing/upcoming release list (no dates given!). This could be total bollocks, lots of sites have been putting up bogus lists for X06.

Priced:

* Lumines Live! – 1200 Microsoft Points

* Contra – 400 Microsoft Points

* Doom – 800 Microsoft Points

* Street Race NYC – 800 Microsoft Points

* Gyruss – 400 Microsoft Points

Not Yet Priced:

* Small Arms

* Heavy Weapon

* Totem Ball

* Sensible World of Soccer

* Ultimate Mortal Kombat

* Mutant Storm Empire

* Defender

* Assault Heroes

Sensi Soccer!

Doom's apparently "1st Quarter 2007".

Count me in for Doom.

The Kane and Lynch trailer is pretty cool, but doesn't show much in the way of gameplay. Looks like it'll be a lot like Hitman.

Also I found the gameplay to be too fast for the sucky camera to keep up.

For a game that's supposed to be about speed, I found myself having to slow down and back up a lot... Not a good sign.

Ech, that Sonic demo did nothing for me. Well, except make me go 'boy this isn't fun' and delete the damn thing. I was having the exact same problems you guys were. I found it incredibly irksome trying to get attacks to work properly and I was falling all over the place.

No thanks, if I want to get irritated I'll go to work. I play video games to have fun :P.

Doom is on its way to Xbox Live Arcade. This version of doom will also feature 4-player coop over Xbox Live, all four Doom campaigns, online versus modes, and a smoother overall look than the original game. Price is 800 points!

Oh shit. I played hundreds of hours of deathmatch in my teens, even on multiline BBS's before this newfangled internet thing took off. This could be bad.