LCVG

DEFCON - Everybody Dies (new RTS from Introversion).

Covak

http://www.everybody-dies.com/

Awesome new RTS from the quirky makers of Darwinia and Uplink. I can't say enough good things about Introversion. I love their style, and so far their games are pure gameplay gold. While their first two games were finite single-player experiences, DEFCON is pure multiplayer. A quick look at the screenshots should tell you if you're interested, then give the demo a try! If anyone else picks it up I'd love to get some LCVG games together (it's up to 6 players). It's simply awesome online. Incredibly tense and fun.

Between this and Company of Heroes I'm in RTS heaven :) And I wasn't even an RTS fan before!

I'm thrilled to have something from Introversion that I can play for a good while. Being immersed in one of their games isn't quite like anything else...

I just got a chance to play the Tutorial for this last night and while it is a great deal of fun... it does feel like it is a bit lacking. There are very few types of units in the game... I would have like to have seen a bit more control over your forces before the game goes to Defcon 1... but all the same... it's a terrific game for the $9.99 price that I paid for it via Steam.

Edit: I'd be up for a multiplayer game sometime as well.

Glen

Is the main game online multiplayer -or is there a single player element in the paid version?

How does the game manage speeding up time in the multiplayer game?

It's just multiplayer, but there are AI bots if you want to play alone.

Online it goes at the slowest requested speed.

Just heard about this for the first time the other day, and I really liked the "everyone loses, so try to lose the least" tagline :) A friend at work is trying to convince people to play the LAN mode there, which could be an incredibly bad idea.

Does the game have the bad-ass Stephen Hawking style speech synthesis? If so, I'm definitely in! "the. best. move is. not. to play"

A friend at work is trying to convince people to play the LAN mode there, which could be an incredibly bad idea.

Does the game have the bad-ass Stephen Hawking style speech synthesis? If so, I'm definitely in! "the. best. move is. not. to play"

Hehe, I'm trying to convince people in my office, too :) 6 player games after hours could be too good.

No speech snyth :(

• 3 months later...

Anyone here end up getting into this game? I had a few great games with it when it first came out (mostly 3 player against random people), but I never got anyone I know to try it out. I always thought team games (2v2v2 or 2v2 or 3v3) would be where it really shined.

An LCVG game could be good times, if we even have enough DEFCON owners here :) Or if anyone wants to team up and try against random people sometime...

• 2 months later...