LCVG

View My Clip Fools!

JTello

Hey look at my poor ass gamer score!

Help this poor shmuck get for every achievement in Burnout Revenge, and finally have something to be brag about in the Achievements thread!

I figure I'll need 40 plus views to unlock this achievement. I've sent a Burnout clip to everyone on my friends list, so please pop in the game a help a brother out! And share it with your friends too! :tu

If anyone here has Burnout but doesn't yet have me on thier friends list let me know and I'll be sure to add you!

:slayer

I'm not sure what the ethics of this are, but since it's a pretty dumb achievement, there is a way to glitch this. If you download the clip, but don't save it, you're able to download the clip multiple times to boost the download count (you might have to reboot the game to get it). Kind of cheap, I know, but so is an achievement where you basically have to spam people to get points...

Actually, I'd be up for some burnout later tonight if you're looking to pick up some of the online points. Still missing most of those, and Burnout is one of those imcomplete games that mocks me every time I check out my played games history :)

Im not helping

A statement that perpetuates the statement itself !

Im not helping, Im not helping, Im not helping,...

Actually, I'd be up for some burnout later tonight if you're looking to pick up some of the online points.

Chris, I would be up for Burnout either tomorrow or Wednesday evening. And I know Keith will be up for it too if we set up a match. He and I just went over the recommended router settings yesterday, so I'm itching to play online.

No offense to you JTello but I can't stand these "view my clip" messages. To those of us who dont have the game it is just like spam. :) Knowing that there is an achievement for having 40 people view a clip makes me cringe. It is not your fault I just think the developers used the whole thing poorly. I really hope other games dont use this spam message approach. I remember when this game was being played regularly by quite a few people on my friends list and the amount of these messages was insane. I can only imagine is multiple games did this.

No Problem woo. I think this is the lamest achievement! But I still need it to complete my goal. :bh

I guess in the brainstorm of creating achievements maybe the developers hypothesized that this spamming achievement could stimulate & perpetuate interest in the game. :confused:

I guess in the brainstorm of creating achievements maybe the developers hypothesized that this spamming achievement could stimulate & perpetuate interest in the game.

Exactlly. The fact that it is a EA game makes it all the more irritating.

I hope you get your achievement just dont count on me going out and buying the game to view your clip. ;)

You're a desperate little man Joel Hurley. I have an idea. You want more points? Buy more than one game you cheap bastard you just won my Fantasy baseball league and I cut you a check for 750 clams!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

By the way, watching one of your clips is about as exciting as your avatar.

Hey JT

I down loaded it a couple times for you so you are up 3. Only 69 more to go and counting.

However, suposedly they reset the top 20 on the 25th of each month. So if a few of us get together that evening we could probably make fairly short work of it. Obviously the bigger the group the better. I'm in, if anyone else is interested. I'd also be into some multiplayer if we could make it happen. People, let me know.

j.

Burnout Tonight (Thursday) 10pm!

We've had enough interest within this thread, I figured I'd arrange a 10pm EST play time for tonight.

Keith has confirmed he'll be there, I'll be there of course. :)

Here are others who've stated they'd be up for online Burnout, hope to see you guys tonight.

Keith (kfredericks)

John (Foos)

ChrisBardon (ChrisBardon)

Union Carbine (Union Carbine)

AlbertA (Filthy Clown) (ok, Alberta didn't say anything about playing, but since he has the game I've nominated him to play too.:D )

If anyone else wants to play, please post here! :tu

For those who have no idea what to do with their router, here are some settings to look out for. Books are written on this stuff, so I'm keeping it brief (in part because I really don't know that much myself actually)

1. Enable UPnP (This is an autoconfiguration setting that helps your router detect applications (IM, games, etc.) and configures accordingly)
  2. Enable Game Mode (If you're router has this, it in theory should open the necessary ports specific to gaming. Of course, UPnP should do this automatically if you have it)
  3. DMZ (Put your 360 in DMZ. In theory, all ports, including gaming ports, are open. This is the catch all solution. It sometimes has problems, so use it as a last resort if you don't have one of the other two settings available)

There are other methods, including manually opening the necessary ports for your 360.

XBL Ports

•UDP 88

•UDP 3074

•TCP 3074

Additional Ports that came up in my searches

UDP 53, UDP 88, UDP 3330