LCVG

Lucky Number Slevin

exile

Lucky Number Slevin is an interesting little film about a Kansas City Shuffle. If you are into Crime drama or noir then this will interest you. The acting and story are superb.

The whole ending sequence comes across a bit much for me though as a recap seems to dumb down the film a bit but overall I think alot of people here would like this.

...as a recap seems to dumb down the film a bit but overall I think alot of people here would like this.

This seems to be happening more and more these days, also when they do, they seem to recap more obvious things. It's as if they have little respect for their audience, or at least little respect for their movie to think it wasn't intersting enough for the audience to pay attention the first time...

Similarly, I see a lot of injokes explained as well. I mean, come on, if I'm watching a movie called "Jay and Silent Bob Strikes Back," I'm probably familiar with The Empire Strikes Back so you don't need to pause the movie and point out that that's mother grabbin' Mark Hamill. If I don't know he played Luke Skywalker do I deserve to get the laugh? Afterall, they didn't go out of their way and hit the audience over the head with the fact that their movie title is a reference to the Star Wars classic of similar name, so why suspend the action to point out Mark Hamill?

And yeah, Lucky Number Slevin was a pleasant surprise.