LCVG

Happy Birthday Jay! (Robot Monkey)...

Carlucci

Jay turns 34 today!

Have a good one, Jay! The interview:

-----------------------

1. What kind of work do you do?

I just started construction on my restaurant two weeks ago -- so at the moment I do nothing except juggle phone calls, emails, vendors and contractors.

2. So what is StarMonkey Studios, anyway? And what project are you currently working on?

Founded in 2004 by media pioneers Starhawk and Robot Monkey, StarMonkey Studios is a dynamic, growing company, focused on the development of radical new technologies that span a diverse set of robust applications.

Although StarMonkey Studios does not normally comment on rumors, I can tell you that we are pursuing the movie option for Duke Nukem Forever.

3. You are known far and wide for your outrageous sig pics and animated gifs. Do you make them yourself? Please include an example of your favorite.

I usually make or edit avatars in Photoshop. I've made a few animated gifs, but usually I find them elsewhere on the Intertron and save 'em for future use.

My favorite? I found a horrific image of a fat naked guy painted up like Spider-Man somewhere and added the text ?I have no shame.? The infamous Spidey was born.

Here's an image I've been holding in reserve for a threadcrap, but never had the heart to post:

happy8tw.gif

4. What is your favorite game of all time?

I'd say Civilization in its various incarnations.

5. Do you have any advice for frogs?

Yes. There are some frogs that like to hang out on the rocks by the fish pond outside. It?s getting chilly here, so they all left except one. I still see him sitting out there sometimes.

?Go inside, stupid,? I?ll tell him kindly, ?You?re a frog and shouldn?t be outside in this weather.? He never says anything, but you can tell that, deep down, he knows I?m right.

6. If you ever did build a Robot Monkey, what unique and useful features/enhancements would it include?

Funny you should bring this up, as our engineers at StarMonkey Labs (a wholly-owned subsidiary of StarMonkey Studios) are currently faced with this question for the next-gen Robot Monkey. We hope to include the ability to identify, track and prosecute a target with mind bullets.

7. What's the funniest prank you ever pulled on someone or had pulled on you?

One time a buddy and I got some friends to roll around on the ground outside while we filmed them pretending to be videogame characters. We told them were going to greenscreen them into a videogame later. Later never came and we produced the segment as a Punk?d episode in a direct-to-DVD release.

---------------------

Tell us a little more about your restaurant when you have a chance. Like where it is and what cuisine will it feature?

And have a Happy Birthday!

Carlos.

Happy Birthday, Jay!

One time a buddy and I got some friends to roll around on the ground outside while we filmed them pretending to be videogame characters. We told them were going to greenscreen them into a videogame later. Later never came and we produced the segment as a Punk’d episode in a direct-to-DVD release.

Whose idea was that anyway?

One time a buddy and I got some friends to roll around on the ground outside while we filmed them pretending to be videogame characters. We told them were going to greenscreen them into a videogame later. Later never came and we produced the segment as a Punk’d episode in a direct-to-DVD release.

MMM sounds very familiar

YIPPPPE

6. If you ever did build a Robot Monkey, what unique and useful features/enhancements would it include?

Funny you should bring this up, as our engineers at StarMonkey Labs (a wholly-owned subsidiary of StarMonkey Studios) are currently faced with this question for the next-gen Robot Monkey. We hope to include the ability to identify, track and prosecute a target with mind bullets.

Hopefully it won't have the same malfunctions as the last-gen model...

umbrella3bb-580.jpg

We forgive ya though...happy birthday!

Either way, they're both dicks. ;)

*drinks beer offscreen*

Have a happy one - and no, I don't own a DS yet. Got a credit card to pay off first, after which you will be invited to the destruction ceremony when I drop a Volvo on it. (let me know if I can hire Starmonkey to film it)

Speaking of which...

Happy Birthday, Jay!

We're having cake in the third floor conference room of Starmonkey Studios at 3pm.

*looks at cake*

You misspelled "birthday"!

Oh well. We'll fix it in post. :lol