LCVG

Pick your holiday Xbox 360 Shooter! (as posted by Nightwing)

Romier S

Pick your holiday Xbox 360 FPS!  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Pick your holiday Xbox 360 FPS!

• Gears of War
    • Call of Duty 3
    • F.E.A.R.
    • Rainbow Six: Vegas
    • History Channel: Civil War
    • Gears of War and F.E.A.R.
    • Rainbow Six: Vegas and Call of Duty 3
    • F.E.A.R. and Gears of War
    • Call of Duty 3 and Rainbow Six: Vegas
    • All of them! BRING IT ON!

(Originally posted by Calvin)

It's very simple. There are a bunch of shoot-em ups coming out for the big while box.What I'd like to know is what are you going to buy,& why.

This way I can better decide what I'd like to do.I'm looking at up to 3 games -

GOW being one.Hopefully what I read in this thread will make up my mind about the others. (Though I'm really leaning toward COD3...)

Gears is the only buyer for me on that list. COD3 might be fun, but will it do anything different? I'll probably rent it, but I don't know if it'll be that much more than COD2+. Also heard good things about Fear, but again, likely a rental there.

As for why I'm getting Gears, from most accounts it sounds like a solid multiplayer game combined with a good single player/co-op game. That, and the sweet trade-in deal at BBV :)

Gears is the only buyer for me on that list. COD3 might be fun, but will it do anything different? I'll probably rent it, but I don't know if it'll be that much more than COD2+. Also heard good things about Fear, but again, likely a rental there.

As for why I'm getting Gears, from most accounts it sounds like a solid multiplayer game combined with a good single player/co-op game. That, and the sweet trade-in deal at BBV :)

I was just reading about COD3,multiplayer will be up to 24 players & have character specific classes,like a medic to heal players,or a scout to call in artillery strikes. Also,you can drive in jeeps,a motorcycle with a sidecar,& tanks :)

That is why I'm thinking about getting it sooner rather than later.

I was just reading about COD3,multiplayer will be up to 24 players & have character specific classes,like a medic to heal players,or a scout to call in artillery strikes. Also,you can drive in jeeps,a motorcycle with a sidecar,& tanks :)

That is why I'm thinking about getting it sooner rather than later.

I agree. COD3 is on my heatmap along with GOW. I'll base it on how much I'm enjoying the first one I pick up, whichever that one may be.

Thread title has been changed to reflect Calvin's original intent. Shooter should more broadly help to include Gears of War in the poll.

What's the difference between Gears of War and Fear and Fear and Gears of War?

The difference is I typo'd.:) I meant to make the second option F.E.A.R. and Call of Duty 3 but having typed in the same names so many times I lost track. Apologies. Just ignore the second one.

I'll more than likely pick them all up eventually. The only one I'm sure I won't bother with unless the impressions are stellar is R6:Vegas. The rest will be purchased throughout the holiday season (minus that Civil War game).

EDIT: HA! I just noticed I did the same thing with R6 and Call of Duty 3. BAH. That's what happens when you do things in a hurry.

Gears for sure. COD3 will be a rental from Gamefly and if the multiplayer is going to be Wolfenstein-like (which it sounds like it will), I'll do the Keep It function. Same goes for Vegas. I mostly loved RS3 and Black Arrow for the Co-Op. If this one is good, I'll be doing a Keep It from Gamefly as well.

-Dean-

Gears of War and probably COD3. My wife is extremely excited about GoW (she is a sniping master). I on the other hand am going to be all about curbing the badies. I am actually more than a little concerned that my run and gun gamer style is going to be completely null and void. I now am going to have to develop a more intellectual style of game play.

COD3 should be fun due to the improved online game play.

Michael

I voted for all of them Including "History Channel: Civil War" which I hope will be good and work on my PS3.

I'm mostly looking forward to:

GoW - it's the damn hype and splashing blood too!!!

FEAR - slow mo gun shot dismemberments!!!

COD3 - it's got the RTCW treatment with vehicles!!!

RSV - after the disappointment of Lockdown, hopefully this installement will be more like a refined version of BA with lots of eye candy.

GOW and COD3 are locks, probably play the others if they review well. FEAR and Rainbow 6 both look very possible - HL2 as well whenever the heck Valve actually releases it. I likely go the way of Max Sterling... er, Ruffneck, and get all four by xmas.

Big year for FPS games, lots of choices. And then in 2007 the lunchbox lands and we can ignore all these imitators for a while ;)

I voted for all of them Including "History Channel: Civil War" which I hope will be good and work on my PS3.

How on earth can a Civil War-based FPS be any fun? It's cool to be different but in order to be accurate (and earn that History Channel logo) it needs to be slow and cumbersome. That's how they fought.

The Civil War may make a good strategy game but I just can't see it translating into an action title and still maintain any sense of accuracy.

How on earth can a Civil War-based FPS be any fun? It's cool to be different but in order to be accurate (and earn that History Channel logo) it needs to be slow and cumbersome. That's how they fought.

The Civil War may make a good strategy game but I just can't see it translating into an action title and still maintain any sense of accuracy.

i ganna get the civil war game because i talked to a gamestop manager who had played it and he said that there is no rapid firing guns but the guns are really cooland it's a shoot 1 shot and reload type of thing. he also said it can be frrustrating at times to

R6: Vegas and Gears Of War for me. Dont see that option so I guess I can't vote. :)

Note: If F.E.A.R.'s XBL play turns out to be killer than I'll probably pick it up. I dont know though. With R6:Vegas likely hogging all or most of my online time I can't see myself getting into anything else.

• 2 weeks later...