LCVG

Lumines Live

EnemaEms

I figured this Arcade title deserves its own thread. I played for about 30 minuttes this morning after Live came back up and I love that it isn't Lumines redux. I loved the skins that start off the game and the one wiith the green and brown blocks was tough...love the slamming bass though. :)

Here are the few things I think are worth noting:

• The game signs me out of Live when I start it up and I have to manually sign back in. Is anyone else having this problem? It is very annoying
  • The Dolby Digital is phenomenal.
  • Multiplayer over Live and on the same 360. This is a big plus
  • I love the talking menus.
  • 1200 points or $15 seems like a steal to me.
  • Lumines is way tougher to play on a 50" than on the PSP. Like Geometry Wars, I think a smaller display will net you better scores due to the fact it is easier to focus.
  • The game is still as addicting as the 1st time I played it on the PSP.

-Dean-

• Replies 205
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

[*]The game signs me out of Live when I start it up and I have to manually sign back in. Is anyone else having this problem? It is very annoying

Haven't had that problem Dean. Although Live was still a bit wonky for me this morning. marketplace was a bit slow loading, and I got disconnected once while downloading Lumines Live, but didn't have any problems after that.

I downloaded this morning. Talk about WAYYY OVER HYPED! This game sucks.

* Graphics suck! They just don't look like I expected at all!

* The gameplay,... Serious, WTF is up with the gameplay???

* Someone please tell me, why the hell would I want to play multi-player on the same screen?

* And HELLO! Where the fuck is the aiming reticule??

If this download is any indication, Stencil is right, the full version of GOW is going to suck ass!

I downloaded this morning. Talk about WAYYY OVER HYPED! This game sucks.

* Graphics suck! They just don't look like I expected at all!

* The gameplay,... Serious, WTF is up with the gameplay???

* Someone please tell me, why the hell would I want to play multi-player on the same screen?

* And HELLO! Where the fuck is the aiming reticule??

If this download is any indication, Stencil is right, the full version of GOW is going to suck ass!

Oh crap. That truly sucks ass. I don't know if I will purchase this anymore. :(

I see someone's drinking out of Keith's can of sarcasm. Put the weapon down and step away from the keyboard Joel.;)

Oh crap. That truly sucks ass. I don't know if I will purchase this anymore.

I don't know if you're serious or not Gunner, but take Joel's post with a serious grain of salt.

My Xbox 360 should finally be here today and I'll definitely be downloading the demo. I *LOVE* the PSP version of Lumines and I've little doubt I'll break on the full on Live version of the game.

Your flattery will get you nothing. Nothing, I tell you.

And stop name dropping. You don't know me.

Interesting comments about screen size, Dean. Will this become the de-facto excuse, or will we need to post screen size along with high scores? Maybe we need some mathematical equation that equalizes things out for those poor sods on 65-inch screens competing with the lucky few on 19-inchers.

I knew Joel would have something to say. But I assumed it would be something like "I don't like first-person puzzlers" or "They made the same friggin mistake PD0 made with no jump button - no sale"

I myself am extremely excited for the one-on-one with my wife, as well as specifically with Lumines, the leaderboards with all you hacks, and the online one-on-one.

I'll agree it seems over-hyped

Nah, it's not. It deserves every little bit of hype it gets.:) Seriously, a few minutes isn't enough to appreciate the satisfaction you'll get from arranging your blocks in a specific sequence and finally getting that special screen-clearing block for a HUGE bonus. It takes some time Mike, but Lumines really is fantastic.

I myself am extremely excited for the one-on-one with my wife...

I was excited to read the offensive post that would follow a statement like this, but then I realized that it was you that posted it, so I probably wouldn't get one. :(

I guess I'll give it a try... <clears throat>... I tried the "one-on-one" with your wife, and believe me, that was WAY over-hyped!

Thank you, thank you, I'll be here all week. ;)

Back to the topic at hand.

Lumines is still BY FAR my favorite PSP game, and probably the best puzzle game I've ever played. I can seriously sit and play this game for hours and hours and hours and not get bored, which for me is really something. I don't know how many levels the demo lets you play, but believe me, if this game is ANYTHING like the PSP version, then it's the best game on Live Arcade to date.

If the demo lets me play long enough to get jazzed over it then I'll bite...
This is the first time, while downloading from the marketplace menu, that I chose "full version" rather than trying the demo and "unlocking."

This isn't Halo 3. It is what it is. One the best puzzle games that exists (that's not Tetris), now with online play, and at less than half the price of the PSP version. My excitment is more about having a game to play with my wife, finally, after all this time. As a "gamer" its just a puzzle game and obviously isn't Resident Evil 5. But its also not $60.

This is the first time, while downloading from the marketplace menu, that I chose "full version" rather than trying the demo and "unlocking."

This will be the first game I've purchased from the arcade.

I have about 5 arcade titles, but they were all pack-ins with other purchases. I finally get to spend the points I accumulated in those very same pack-in purchases. The points been burning a hole in my virtual wallet for some time now.

I'm looking forward to logging on and seeing 30 LCVG friends playing Lumines tonight. :D