LCVG

New Car!

kelley

Originally posted by iainl@Oct 7 2003, 08:34 AM

Thats the North America version of the Passat yes? Good solid cars; a friend has one over here.

Nah, a Passat is a Passat and a Jetta is a Jetta.

Jetta's a little smaller than a Passat. I think the Passat shares considerably less commonality with the A4 than the Jetta.

-j

Originally posted by Robot Monkey+Oct 7 2003, 01:56 PM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robot Monkey @ Oct 7 2003, 01:56 PM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-iainl@Oct 7 2003, 08:34 AM

Thats the North America version of the Passat yes? Good solid cars; a friend has one over here.

Nah, a Passat is a Passat and a Jetta is a Jetta.

[/b]

I see. We don't have a Jetta. The other possibility, if its not a Passat, is the oh-so-dumbly-named Bora. Could be one of them.

I'm actually decidedly underwhelmed with the Audi A4, by the way - nowhere near as much space internally as I'd like to think there should be, given the way it looks externally; its surprisingly cramped in the back.

Originally posted by JTello@Oct 7 2003, 11:36 AM

Don't sweat it Kelly, I'd bet that Monkey's cage isn't half as clean as your garage,... with all the poop tossing those primates do!

I believe you meant monkeys not primates. As you know, humans are primates.

Then again, I'm gratefully ignorant of your personal habits...

;)

-j

-

As you know, humans are primates.

Yes, I admit, I've been known to toss the poop, :green:

The next words out of your mouth better be, "It's got a 5 speed too".

No kidding, 5 speed manual is the bomb,... unless of course you have enough bills for a car that can handle 6. Even the line of crappy cars I've had in my life were fun to drive because they were manual. Even my 1980 powder blue four-speed Ford Fairmont was a blast. This is what it looked like, minus the cool police decor of course

buz032.jpg

And, ah, NO, the CHiPs dude there is no of relation.

-I wish I could disagree with the gentleman from the wrong side of the pond, but alas his comment are quite proper. The only time I might perfer an automatic would be after sitting through an hour of gridlock.

-Since we are speaking of silliness, what's up with the Brits driving on the wrong side of the road, and moreover what's with abandoning the Kings weights and measures? Meters, Liters and Centimeters Oh-My! See what happens when you let the a girl take the throne.

the Metric System was devised by French scientists in the late 18th century

http://www.essex1.com/people/speer/metric.html

-Ah, this explains alot.

-I wish I could disagree with the gentleman from the wrong side of the pond, but alas his comment are quite proper. The only time I might perfer an automatic would be after sitting through an hour of gridlock.

I won't take an auto even for gridlock. I really dislike the feeling of constantly fighting the engine with the brake.

As long as the clutch is smooth and relatively light, I have no problems with gridlock in a standard tranny.

Guest BurtReynolds
but why would you spend the extra cash to have something so pointless? Are you really that lazy?

Your driving experiences have definitely not been that of driving in an american city during rush hour. Imagine what you have over there, now imagine it being ten times worse. In Denver it's common that you might stop and go 1000 times during a long Rush hour. Think of how annoying that would be with an automatic shifting from first to second to neutral continuously.