LCVG

PS3 Roll call-Launch day system & games

Bruce B

I know there aren't many here who will be on the PS3 bandwagon, but was curious who is locked and loaded for launch day and what games.

I'm all set with the system. Definitely getting one and Gamestop left a prerecorded message the other day to reiterate

Reserved game: Resistance

This may be added to on launch day depending on the hype about other launch games. I may pick up " The show" cheap because I badly miss video baseball.

Guitar Hero is a go I just have to figure out to get the current one or wait for the other incarnations.

As long as my EB gets at least 10 of the 16 systems they were allocated then I'll be there. I have 6 PS3 games pre-ordered but most won't be coming out until next year.

-Resistance: Fall of Man - Paid for.

-Blazing Angels - $5 down and waiting for some videos/hands-on impressions before I decide whether or not to move the money to something else.

-Motorstorm - Paid for. Looks like it won't be out until 2007 but at least we'll be getting a demo at launch.

-SOCOM US Navy Seals Combined Assault - PS2

-Final Fantasy XII - PS2

Guys, I'll be honest, as much as it is killing me, I think you can count me out. I was going to keep it but it looks like my preorder will be going on ebay to fund my 4th quarter (and a PS3 in Spring 07).

Auctions (with actual legit buyers) have been consistently ending well over $2k:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pre-Order-Sony-Playstation-3-Premium-System-Console-PS3_W0QQitemZ270042840137QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

If anyone comes across an extra spot in line, or knows where a unit may be available, I'd like to land one close to launch and would appreciate a little help. Everywhere around here is pretty locked up and it looks like Sony is doing what it can to phuck up the launch so units are going to be hard to come by...

Just thought I'd ask...

/puppydogeyes

Off to keep looking for a spot in line...

Guys, I'll be honest, as much as it is killing me, I think you can count me out. I was going to keep it but it looks like my preorder will be going on ebay to fund my 4th quarter (and a PS3 in Spring 07).

Auctions (with actual legit buyers) have been consistently ending well over $2k:

http://cgi.ebay.com/Pre-Order-Sony-Playstation-3-Premium-System-Console-PS3_W0QQitemZ270042840137QQihZ017QQcategoryZ62054QQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

I dont blame you. Its going to be oh so tempting. Also, once online orders preorders start it may affect prices.

We'll see come launch. Going to Cancun this winter and those funds would be handy.