LCVG

Rainbow Six 3 to be bundled with headset.

FLYING SE7EN

Yup, Wareagle.

According to Eurogamer:

Ubisoft will be bundling a Thrustmaster Neckband Boom Mic headset with EG 'Muffie' winner Rainbow Six 3 on Xbox as part of a limited edition promotion which will also apply here in Europe.

The Neckband headset, apart from being compatible with Xbox Live, features inline mute and volume controls and a noise-cancelling microphone. As you'd imagine, the promotion is geared towards highlighting RS3's voice comms features.

I just browsed Thrustmaster's and Best Buy's websites and I see that the Thrustmaster headset is not shown on either. I hope it will be available as a good quality alternative to the MS headset.

I don't mind the wrap-behind design of either, but I don't like how the MS one makes it difficult to lean back on the couch. Maybe the Thrustmaster will have a better fit.

-j

Is it not possible to make a mic that fits over the top of one's head???

Try a PC headset. Most of the ones around are the top of the head type.

Actually, I've been using my over-the-ear cel phone headset, and it's been a nice surprise. Clear sounding for me and the other guys, it can go on either ear and doesn't get in my way when I lean back on the couch. I'm almost glad my original headset broke. ;)

• 3 weeks later...
Originally posted by WarEagle@Oct 7 2003, 01:50 PM

I made one with a 2.5mm plug I cut off a dollar store cel headset and a clearance computer headset (it two had 1/8" plugs, one for sound and one for the mic).

It worked great until my dog ate it (she's one #5 or 6 noe).

Now I'm using a good Panasonic headset (over-the-head style) that came bundled with a cordless phone.

-j

Originally posted by Robot Monkey+Oct 24 2003, 10:41 AM--></div><table border='0' align='center' width='95%' cellpadding='3' cellspacing='1'><tr><td>QUOTE (Robot Monkey @ Oct 24 2003, 10:41 AM)</td></tr><tr><td id='QUOTE'> <!--QuoteBegin-WarEagle@Oct 7 2003, 01:50 PM

I made one with a 2.5mm plug I cut off a dollar store cel headset and a clearance computer headset (it two had 1/8" plugs, one for sound and one for the mic).

It worked great until my dog ate it (she's one #5 or 6 noe).

Now I'm using a good Panasonic headset (over-the-head style) that came bundled with a cordless phone.

-j [/b]

I bought a nice headset from plantronics that had a 2.5mm plug but of course it didn't work with xbox live. I bought the madcatz version a couple of weeks ago, but my puppy ate it yesterday so I'm in the market again for a headset.

Originally posted by WarEagle@Oct 24 2003, 11:57 AM

... but my puppy ate it yesterday so I'm in the market again for a headset.

See? See? Clearly, it's hereditary -- headsets must have been the mortal enemy of ancient dogs.

As for that Plantronics, I've found that many (but not all) cel phone headsets are too quiet. It's best to try out a particular model before being committed to the purchase.

Some people have reported good results with headsets from http://www.xlivechat.com (ask Cal or Leslie).

-j

Since day 2 I use a cordless phone headset that I picked up at WalMart - you might have to trim around the plastic on the plug to make it fit into the controller plugin but they should all work fine (If people complain about feedback you don't have it plugged all the way in...)

I just prefer the over the top stlye headsets so you can lean back on the couch etc

Originally posted by Whooter@Oct 24 2003, 04:08 PM

My dog rules.

Uh oh. I see another my-dog-is-best thread like the one we created when we logged on to test bandwidth a few months ago :shock: