LCVG

HDDVD and Blu-Ray Discussion Part XIII- We Bring you KONG!!

exile

*ADMIN*

To Reference past threads here are some handy links

HD-DVD and Blu Ray Discussion Part I

HD-DVD and Blu Ray Discussion Part II

HD-DVD and Blu Ray Discussion Part III

HD-DVD and Blu Ray Discussion Part IV

HD-DVD and Blu Ray Discussion Part V

HD-DVD and Blu Ray Discussion Part VI

HD-DVD and Blu Ray Discussion Part VII

HDDVD and Blu-Ray Discussion Part VIII

HDDVD and Blu-Ray Discussion Part IX

HDDVD and Blu-Ray Discussion Part X

HDDVD and Blu-Ray Discussion Part XI

HDDVD and Blu-Ray Discussion Part XII

*ADMIN*

Man Room have artwork for the yet to be announced Scooby Doo, and more pleasingly, A Christmas Story!

Christmas Story HD DVD artwork:

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-cover.php?did=3514

Scooby Doo HD DVD artwork:

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-cover.php?did=3517

Blu Ray Versions:

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-cover.php?did=3516

http://dvd.themanroom.com/dvd-cover.php?did=3515

Christmas Vacation AND Christmas Story in HD. How I hate you all.

You can put your hate off for a bit, Warner has yanked them from the calendars. For what reason nobody knows except Warner. I think they let the cat out of the bag a bit early on this one.

• Replies 646
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well neither were ever on the calendar am I right? Warner never once put a date on either Vacation or Christmas Story, so this sounds a bit like Goodnight and Good Luck when they put up the artwork...etc on their press site before giving it a release date, then they denied the title even existed and removed the artwork, then they announced it properly with a date and it came out. Cat, bag, early indeed. I am sure you're right. I've no doubt you fellas will have both before Christmas.

Warner have actually dated the UK release of Christmas Vacation funnily enough. Here’s the influx of titles they’ll be delivering from 20th of this month thought to the 11th of December. I’m impressed they’ll be releasing this many in the UK within such a small window. Good chance the format could really take off well here this Christmas.

Incidentally it is looking as if titles that were combos in the US will not be combos here.

Warner’s UK HD DVD Releases

20th November 2006:

Batman Begins

Constantine

Enter the Dragon

Full Metal Jacket

Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

The Last Samurai

Rumour Has It

Troy

Unforgiven

V For Vendetta

4th December 2006:

The Fugitive

Full Metal Jacket

Goodfellas

House of Wax (2005)

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

The Polar Express

The Searchers

Space Cowboys

Superman: The Movie

Superman II: The Richard Donner Cut

Superman Returns

Syriana

11th December 2006:

Lethal Weapon

Swordfish

Training Day

In contrast they’re bringing far fewer to Blu Ray here.

Warner’s UK Blu-ray Disc Releases

20th November 2006:

Firewall

The Fugitive

Lethal Weapon

Rumour Has It

Training Day

4th December 2006:

Full Metal Jacket

House of Wax (2005)

Kiss Kiss Bang Bang

National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation

The Searchers

Swordfish

Space Cowboys

Syriana

My Copies of V and Under Siege have arrived. Going to try and watch V right after dinner. Ill post my thoughts then.

Im curious if anyone picked up Out of Sight this past week? Heard the picture quality is outstanding, and for some reason i never bought it on SD.

When do you think it will be safe for non-early adopters to hop in with either HD-DVD or Blu-Ray. I don't follow this thread so much any more because I figure I won't be getting an HD-DVD or blu-ray drive soon. I'm also interested in knowing what the score is. Is it looking like there might be a winner eventually, or are we doomed to a DVD-A/SACD type of market.

CES in January might be a good time to evaluate what the future might hold. Chief Blu Ray backers will cling to the PS3 this winter so after we know whether sales of the console significantly boost blu ray movie sales figures, and in addition how well HD DVD might continue to sell with the 2nd gen players, big name titles and 360 drive, we might have an indication of some studio support swaying come the early new year.

It's all to play for really.

Is it looking like there might be a winner eventually, or are we doomed to a DVD-A/SACD type of market.

Given who is involved, I expect you to be able to make a decision sometime in 2 years. I can't wait that long since SD has become nearly unwatchable to me anymore.

Had my first run in with a misinformed BB employee. I picked up a few movies (The Thing, Out of Sight, Excalibur) and the guy started ringing them up, and asked how I was liking HDDVD. Told him I loved it. Then he says "Well personally i think it stinks, Blu-Ray is much better". So i said "Do you have a Blu-Ray player or have you owned a HDDVD player?" He said "no, but we watched parts of a Blu-Ray copy of BATMAN BEGINS before the store opened, and it kicked ass". I informed him Batman Begins is only out at HDDVD at the moment, not Blu-Ray. The guy on the register next to him looked over and said "yeah it was HDDVD". Guy didn't say another thing, took my stuff and left. Gotta love it

V, V, V, V,V What a week for High Def releases. First MI3 which is right up there with Batman Begins, and then V comes along and match's them. Fantastic Disc all around. Outstanding picture quality is a understatement. The TrueHD soundtrack is now one of my favorites on HDDVD. For a movie that is largely dialog, its all crisp, and the few sequences with bass, and all around action in the surrounds is fantastic. This is the best PIP commentary track so far on HDDVD. I really enjoyed it. If you have HDDVD or are waiting for the 360 add on, make this one of the first discs you pick up

I agree. I watched V and MI:3 this week and they're exceptional. I also never listened to commentaries on sd dvd but have watched the IME (video commentary) on both MI:3 and V and they're very entertaining. Under Siege also looks great for its' age. I've got Excalibur on deck for tomorrow. Oh, and I finally got the Equilibrium hd dvd from Japan and it's excellent too and coded in mpeg4 avc. I may get The Machinist and Reign of Fire from Japan soon too...

Under Siege also looks great for its' age

Going to watch it tommorow morning, along with Out of Sight.

Machinist has gotten good reviews for PQ, so once my stack of unwatched discs goes down I will probably order it along with Reign of Fire. It's the Christian Bale collection on HDDVD :D :tu (Batman, Equilibirum, Machinist and Regin). Now we just need Lionsgate to make the switch for American Psycho