LCVG

Gears of War Post-Release Discussion

EnemaEms

• Replies 606
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

EB didn't get thier shipment in so I guess tommorrow it is for me. Well, at least that gives me time to catch up on the episodes of Heroes and Studio 60 I missed last night. Sucks though, I was hoping to spend some time with Gears tonight and then a little Call of Duty 3 tommorrow.

Cliffy was right about one thing for sure. Active Reload is something in want in every game now.

I am still in awe of the environments. I mean Holy Shit. The HD videos that came out recently do not do the jaw dropping visuals justice. I am utterly blown away. So far I have had some intense firefights and the framerate is rock solid. I just got my 1st chainsaw kill as well. Very satisfying. I hope everyone who is chomping at the bit is jealous of me. :)

-Dean-

I am still in awe of the environments. I mean Holy Shit. The HD videos that came out recently do not do the jaw dropping visuals justice. I am utterly blown away. So far I have had some intense firefights and the framerate is rock solid. I just got my 1st chainsaw kill as well. Very satisfying. I hope everyone who is chomping at the bit is jealous of me. :)

-Dean-

mainfuckyou235eu3.gif

:D - oh, one other thing,...... FUCK YOU!!!

Went to the BB where I pre-ordered but was told to come back tomorrow. :(

Instead went to the Gamestop near my job which I found out had them when I went at lunch time to pick up a copy. Had my wife go in and get a copy for me and my brother only to be told "sorry, one per customer". Wife came back and told me I was lucky she went in instead cause she turned on the charm and was able to get them to part with both copies.

Shit, my brother's the one that's lucky.

I think it's a sad day when console games need to be patched on the day of release in the fashion of PC games.

So they found a bug between going gold and when the game hit the shelves...big deal. I see far too many games (SC:DA for example) get released with game crippling bugs and there are no patches to fix the problem until it is too late. I welcome a release day patch if it fixes a problem. Lets face it in a day and age when dev's are pushed to make release dates by money hungry publishers it should come as no surprise that there will be bugs that need squashed via patches. Its not like a patch takes long to download or costs anything. I just do not see the problem. IMO if you have a problem with console games needing patches you may as well give up gaming now because it will only become more prevelant as games become more complex and publishers push dev's to make deadlines.

Back on topic...my copy of Gears wont be in until 10am Wed morning according to my local EB. No biggie. I can't play until Saturday anyway because of work.

I just thought it was funny I had not played yet, and there was a patch. Moving on to the important stuff, the game

Dean and I just played Co-op for a good 2 1/2 hours. What a game. Co-op is everything i hoped for. Runs smooth, lots of teamwork involved. All around very well done. As for the graphics. Draw dropping is all i can say, and the sound is excellent as well. The charector's dialog is funny as well. Not to mention there is a charector named Baird, and also a women over the con named Anya

I believe the Update was to fix the Match Making. After it went Gold, they found a bug in it. I am assuming that is what was fixed.

Joey and I went through the 1st two acts in Co-Op. Played flawlessly online. You can invite anyone in at anytime during your campaign. Joey and I both agreed that this game deserves all the hype. It is too damn fun...and hearing the dialog is great stuff. Baird is a funny character...too bad he isn't Scottish. ;)

-Dean-