LCVG

problem when playing g.r.i.t. online?

spider01

i have had three xbox's in the past 2 years. the first year went fine but when live came out i got G.R. and thats when my prob started. my problem is that after a month or so of playing G.R. online my xbox will just freeze and gradually gets worse. last night it started again, i took my xbox back and got another one today (this one was only about 3 months old).so we'll see if the problem continues. any body have an idea what causes this. i clean it on a regular basis so im not so sure that its because its a dirty lense. could it just be over heating? anyway, thanks for the help in advance.

-spider.

First thing you should try:

Put three different games into your 'Box and load 'em up. Make sure none of these are G.R.. Then put G.R. in and see if your freezing goes away.

It will clear your cache (where your G.R. files are probably corrupted) and give you a fresh load when you put it in again.

Only a theory...

Explosives in Ghost Recon are purported to cause lag. That is why many people turn explosives off. I wonder if there is any chance that something like that could be affecting your broadband connection and freezing the game?

Here's a stupid question... you don't happen to be using the same GR disc on all three consoles, are you? Could be the pressing of that particular disk. That's the only constant in this equation as I can tell.

I think it's a safe bet to say he has. Spider01, perhaps you could borrow a friend's disc to see if that solves anything?

the idea of using the same disc would explain a lot but ive played g.r. on my bro's xbox using the same disc, not a single problem. the one thing that i forgot to mention was that it will also freeze when waiting on a game to start or when playing a game with.....lets say 3 respawns and i get killed early and there is no action from my side, it will freeze if i just sit there. on the good side though i pulled my xbox out of my entertainment center(it was inclosed in its own space) last night and kinda propt it up at about a 30 degree angle and it never even hesitated. so maybe it was just getting too hot? we shall see. thanks for the help guys.

-spider

Bro, (how many times do I have to tell you...) just buy the extended warranty on any electronic product you buy. You know you are going to need it. and it's not bad luck, after this many problems you know it's user error. :green:

if your problems continue, we can switch discs and see if that does anything. btw,

did you get espn football?

BRO, i just took it back to gamestop and got a new one. there was no money out of my pocket except espn football. you know i dont think i will ever be able to escape my "luck" with electronics, or at leat the ridicule from you. (lol)

btw, im supposed to pick up a new sub and receiver on sat. ill let you know later.

-spider