LCVG

October NPD stats...

dogbert

From the usual sources ;) This month is a 4 week month, compared to last month's 5 weeks.

Hardware:

DS 360k

PS2 235k

360 218k

GBA 169k

PSP 130k

Because of the week difference, the actual change per week compared to September is (Note, this isn't a complete fair comparision):

NDS: 11%

PS2: 4%

360: 5%

GBA: 19%

PSP: 6%

> 200k

PS2 SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS

> 100k

no particular order

360 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 07

PS2 TIGER WOODS PGA TOUR 07

PS2 LEGO STAR WARS II: THE ORIGINAL TRILOGY

PS2 BULLY

XBX SCARFACE: THE WORLD IS YOURS

No comprehensive top ten is available yet unfortunately.

That's cute.

THe funny thing is I don't think this xmas really matters, the next one will be more important. Each console has enough faithful to swell the numbers this year: Nintendo will move a ton of bargain priced Wii, Sony will sell every last PS3 they can roll off the line, and MS will be very happy to sell to anyone that either can't get a PS3 or is starting to feel Halo fever creeping up on them. In short, I don't see any of them hurting this year.

But next year the honeymoon will be over (for N and S, it's already closing off for MS) and we'll see what is wheat and what is chaff. Especially with the arrival of Halo, GT, and GTA in the fall. These must have games will likely drive consumers in one direction or another next fall. It's going to be great fun to watch ;)

The GAF people embarrass me with the depths to which they will sink into geekdom. Impressive.

They are the most fickle group of gamers I have ever seen. Some of them seem more obsessed with fighting about games than actually playing.

I find the sales data somewhat interesting, but I find only care that good games get rewarded with sequels or better ventures in said genre down the road.