LCVG

one 360, two rooms...(extra power brick)

Chris The Rock

I want to be able to move my 360 between two rooms, having a power and A/V hookup sitting there, ready to be used. This means I need to buy an extra power brick.

Amazon.com is selling this, but according to the page, "(power brick to console connection only - power brick to AC wall outlet cable not included)". Besides replacing a damaged power brick, what good is that for?

Has anyone on this board found a workaround?

I think you can buy it from them, but you have to call. I doubt it's available via retail because they don't think there's enough demand for an item that is included with the system at purchase. Plus I doubt many retailers would stock it, as you wouldn't see many of them leaving the shelves in a hurry.

I found on ebay a wall-to-powerbrick cord pretty cheap. That was the hardest part to get to for me. So now I just disconnect the powerbrick from the wall power cord, and it makes it just as easily portable as the 360 itself.

If this workaround works for you, you could save yourself the expense of the extra brick.

Carlos.

I found on ebay a wall-to-powerbrick cord pretty cheap. That was the hardest part to get to for me. So now I just disconnect the powerbrick from the wall power cord, and it makes it just as easily portable as the 360 itself.

If this workaround works for you, you could save yourself the expense of the extra brick.

Carlos.

Hey, neat. Any further info on what I should look for? Did you get it from a retailer with a store on eBay, or just some random person who had one?

Hey, neat. Any further info on what I should look for? Did you get it from a retailer with a store on eBay, or just some random person who had one?

I'm thinking it was a random person who got his hands on a bunch. I don't currently see him offering any, but here is the exact person I bought mine from (though not the same exact listing):

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=200043121710

Maybe he'll show up with some more soon.

Carlos.

I think you can buy it from them, but you have to call. I doubt it's available via retail because they don't think there's enough demand for an item that is included with the system at purchase. Plus I doubt many retailers would stock it, as you wouldn't see many of them leaving the shelves in a hurry.

They sell replacement video cables.

As a retailer I am always shocked by the number of people who loose their AV or power cables. I guess they move their consoles from place to place and forget where things were.

Sorry to derail the thread. Just wondering if there was ever any official word on this from M.