LCVG

Xbox360 HD-DVD drive $159.99

GreenMonkey

I'd poke around and get my hands on the real coupon. I think some of the fatwalleters are going the print-a-copy off method. Not a great idea IMO.

How does one find the original coupon?

It appears CC $40 off coupon is included in the USPS welcome package after you move. This may require a bit more effort than poking around.

Thank you GreenMonkey. I was planning to be a hi-def DVD holdout also, but $160 was all I needed to jump. I printed the coupon Orpheus linked to on my color laser so it would look more legit and they took it no questions asked. The barcode wouldn't scan for them but they typed the coupon code in manually and accepted it. :rock

http://www.fatwallet.com/forums/messageview.php?start=0&catid=18&threadid=670622

Summary: CC has a $40 off $200 coupon floating around that works on the HD-DVD drive.

Acquired!!! and a big THANK YOU!!! :tu

It's a good thing I did an in-store pickup while I was away on vacation, as they sold out of their shipment.

I really didn't think they would go for an ink jet copy but they took it with no problem. They had to do a return and rebuy of my in-store pickup order to add the coupon. It didn't scan so they entered it manually.

They also took the $10 gift card from my COD3 purchase making the grand total $161 after taxes. :rock

Incredible value when you consider the King Kong and remote pack-in.

Thanks again :)

I plan on picking one up at my local Circuit City as soon as they get them back in stock. Is there a way I can go down there and pay for the item, and just pick it up when it comes in? They should have some more in later this week, I just assume go in and pay for it instore (with the coupon) and just run by when it actually arrives do the pickup.

Is it possible to use the coupon after you bought it? Don't they have a price guarantee policy? Maybe I should check that out...

People on other froums have reported that they were able to do that. It might involve a return and rebuy transaction because the coupon states that it is not valid on previously purchased items.

I would do it soon though. CC's corporate office is bound to notice the spike in sales and coupon use and may notify stores to disallow the coupon, especially copies of the coupon.

People on other froums have reported that they were able to do that. It might involve a return and rebuy transaction because the coupon states that it is not valid on previously purchased items.

I would do it soon though. CC's corporate office is bound to notice the spike in sales and coupon use and may notify stores to disallow the coupon, especially copies of the coupon.

Interesting... I'm going to test my luck tonight (not that you dirty sanchezes)

I'm actually more tempted to spend this on a Wii this weekend... :)

or I'll go to Circuit City during my break in classes and just pick up the HD-DVD player.

It worked! It took a little convincing with customer service (where the HD-DVD drives are being stored, strangely) but I walked out with it for $170 and change with tax.

I also convinced myself that it would also be good to buy the player because, as a person that uses their 360 as their primary DVD player, it would cause less wear/tear on the system itself. The box is really cool and well-designed and the actual player is a lot heftier than I thought it would be. Feels like a good product.

Thanks everyone! :)

I think I'll be picking up the HD Mission Impossible boxset tonight at Wally World.