LCVG

Xbox 360 Vibration

Sam P

When the optical drive spins up on my 6 month old 360, it causes the entire machine to vibrate lightly. If you put your hand on it, it's very obvious. It does this while laying flat or standing, no difference.

It's loud and I'm ok with that because others seem to have similar complaints but the vibration is a little unsettling.

I have the 3 yr extended warranty from MS so I'm ok for repairs, but I really don't want to deal with it till at least after Christmas. And not while I need it for Gears and soon for Rainbow.

Do any of your 360s exhibit this?

Also, another problem I'm having is that the Console doesn't seem to know whether the wireless pack is fully charged.

I'll turn on the console, plug in the play + charge cable and turn everything off. The console stays on partially to charge the controller and I see a red light.

But after an hour or two it shuts itself off regardless of whether the controller is fully charged. So I've pretty much had to charge it while I'm playing.

Anyone else get this?

But after an hour or two it shuts itself off regardless of whether the controller is fully charged. So I've pretty much had to charge it while I'm playing.

I never go by the power meter on screen, as most of the time its wrong. the best notification is when the lights on the controller itself blink

Mine seemed to vibrate some, thought it might've been the intercooler but I took that off awhile ago and it still vibrates a bit. Mine was manufactured in Dec 05 and is pretty loud to boot, don't know if that has anything to do with it or not though.

Thanks bug.

That sounds about close to what mine experiences.

It has not had any functional problems so I think I'll ignore it till it actually breaks.

Also, another problem I'm having is that the Console doesn't seem to know whether the wireless pack is fully charged.

I'll turn on the console, plug in the play + charge cable and turn everything off. The console stays on partially to charge the controller and I see a red light.

Anyone else get this?

I noticed this as well. I wasn't sure if the controller was supposed to charge with the machine off or not, but it definitely wasn't doing so. Once I turned the console off, the red light stayed on for a while and then went off regardless if the controller was fully charged or not.