LCVG

Future Wii Owners: Do you plan on selling your launch system?

JFo

What will you do with your launch day Wii system?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. What will you do with your launch day Wii system?

• I'm buying it and keeping it.
    • I'm buying it but will try and sell it for a profit.

It's a pretty straight forward poll, really. If you're planning on buying a Wii on launch day, what do you plan on doing with it?

This will come as a shock to no one, but I plan on keeping mine. I simply cannont wait to play The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess a moment longer. But, I'm a Nintendo fan anyway, so I'd probably buy one and keep it anyway just because. :)

I've considered camping out in line for a Wii so I can have it on launch day (on my 6-day break from work). Plus Meijer is giving out a free nunchuck with purchase of a wii + wiimote, making it a bit of a better deal than Amazon.

That would mean ebaying my Amazon pre-order.

I'm afraid of losing money doing it that way, though. I'm not sure the Wii resale value is going to stay high.

• 4 weeks later...

No, it wasn't already announced. It's been rumoured that there may be a version released with DVD playback, but there's no HD-DVD announcement.

Do some research & show us a link. The Inquirer ran a rumour which means nothing - it has zero to actually back it up & it takes the concept of a "HD Wii" to mean HD-DVD playback, which they get from GameInformer.

Gameinformer is speculating that this will be when the outfit will stick on the new drive.

Again, NOTHING like that has even been close to being announced. Gah.

here u go. so weres ur proof that it isn't ganna be in the wii next year. oh ya you don't have any. when i first heard this i thought it said hd dvd but this proves that there will be a dvd playback feature added

Posted by sjohnson - Tuesday, November 14, 2006 8:55 AM

You can carp about the price all you like, but one thing the PS3 has going for it over its competitors is in the Blu-Ray department. Blu-ray is an enjoyable way to enjoy movies with enjoyably high levels of clarity and enjoyment. 1080p sure is a lot of p!

Sadly, Wii-ers, you won't even get current-definition DVD playback from your adorable little machine until 2007.

Sonic Solutions, makers of the Roxio CD- and DVD-burning software, announced yesterday that it will be providing "high-quality DVD movie viewing to a future version" of the Wii. Sonic Solutions says the new version of the Wii is expected in "the latter half of 2007."

So, I only have to wait a year to watch that copy of Ace Ventura your mom bought me!

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6161611.html

here u go. so weres ur proof that it isn't ganna be in the wii next year. oh ya you don't have any. when i first heard this i thought it said hd dvd but this proves that there will be a dvd playback feature added

How can I prove something isn't going to happen? All I said was at this time, it's not announced or not going to happen. And in my reply, I specifically said DVD playback has been strongly rumoured.

Sigh.

I don't know why I bother.

Well, getting this thread back on track and off of the conversation in question (and so I can squelch the mystery), our good friend here has been banned permanently thanks to a lovely email exchange.

Answering the poll question. No. I just want the damn thing. I want it and I want it all for little old me. Give me my Wii!

He can spend the off time enjoying that twelve-thousand dollar computer his girlfriend's buying him.

:lol

..and to answer the question, I already sold 2 of 3. One to a forum member and one to a neighboor for his 9 year old son. The other Wii is under the x-mas tree for my 7 yr. old daughter,... yeah it's for my daughter, yeah, that's the ticket. :D