LCVG

Happy Birthday PoisonJam (Dave)!

Carlucci

Dave turns 35 today!

The interview....

----------------------

1. What kind of work do you do?

I am a curriculum developer for a financial software company called Hyperion Solutions. I create training courses for clients to learn how to install and use our products.

2. You are a strong advocate of charcoal grilling (no briquettes, even!). What do you have to say to the Lazy Hank Hill's of the world who use Propane and propane accessories?

I have nothing against the Hank Hills of the world, I just want them to know there is a Better Way. Grilling over charcoal makes food. taste. better. I can't say it more plainly than that. Gas is quicker to come up to heat, easier to maintain consistent heat, and cleaner with no ashes to dispose of and I do use it for quick-cooking foods like chicken breasts. But charcoal-grilled food tastes better. And yes, lump charcoal, please. No briquettes! :)

3. What is your favorite game of all time?

I am inviting scorn of course, but I will say Myst. That was the game that got me back into gaming as an adult. I saw it running during a Halloween party at my boss' house many years ago and my jaw hit the floor. I began shopping for a PC the next day, and Myst was the very first thing I picked up once the PC was delivered. I then spent a glorious long weekend exploring the game and rediscovering my love of gaming, and clearly I haven't been the same since.

4. If you could become any videogame character, and have his/her attributes in the real world, who would you choose to become and why? No fair naming a real life person, Like Tiger Woods.

A few years ago I would have said Beat from Jet Grind Radio. What could be cooler than zipping around Tokyo on rocket skates, spray-painting buildings and grooving to a funky pirate radio station? But now, two kids and many pounds later...is there a videogame character that specializes in pacing themselves, taking it slow, and maybe grabbing the occassional nap?

5. What's the funniest prank you ever pulled on someone or had pulled on you?

I don't pull pranks; I find it disgusting and reprehensible that people hurt and betray their friends for a few cheap laughs. I mean, what kind of friends would hypothetically lie to someone and tell them, I don't know, that they want to film him re-enacting some scenes from classic videogames and they would then green-screen him into a computerized videogame backdrop, cajole that person into lying on scorching cement pretending to be, let's say, Mario, call out encouragement as the person tried his best to accurately reproduce Mario's mannerisms because he sincerely wanted to help his friends' project, and then show the film of that person pretending to jump and yelling out "Wahaa!" and "It's-a me!" to a group of people just for a few giggles? Would that hypothetical person ever be able to trust anyone again? Is my--I mean, his hypothetical emotional trauma worth the few minutes of laughter? Remember, kids, pranks hurt. :(

Hope you have a good one, Dave!

Carlos.

Happy Birthday, Dave! I guess Joey's decided that you will forever be the quintessential Mario.

birthday.gif

Your date of conception was on or about 25 February 1971 which was a Thursday. You were born on a Thursday. the Life Path numbers 1, 5 & 7.

The Julian calendar date of your birth is 2441273.5.

The golden number for 1971 is 15.

The epact number for 1971 is 3.

The year 1971 was not a leap year.

Your birthday falls into the Chinese year beginning 1/27/1971 and ending 2/14/1972. You were born in the Chinese year of the Pig.

Your Native American Zodiac sign is Snake; your plant is Thistle.

You were born in the Egyptian month of Tyby, the first month of the season of Poret (Emergence - Fertile soil).

Your date of birth on the Hebrew calendar is 30 Heshvan 5732.

Or if you were born after sundown then the date is 1 Kislev 5732.

The Mayan Calendar long count date of your birthday is 12.17.18.5.9 which is

12 baktun 17 katun 18 tun 5 uinal 9 kin

The Hijra (Islamic Calendar) date of your birth is Thursday, 29 Ramadan 1391 (1391-9-29).

As of 11/18/2006 1:20:42 PM EST

You are 35 years old.

You are 420 months old.

You are 1,826 weeks old.

You are 12,784 days old.

You are 306,829 hours old.

You are 18,409,760 minutes old.

You are 1,104,585,642 seconds old.

Celebrities who share your birthday:

Owen Wilson (1968) Kirk Lee Hammett (1962) Elizabeth Perkins (1960)

Linda Evans (1942) Brenda Vaccaro (1939) Alan Shepard, Jr. (1923)

Imogene Coca (1908) Eugene Ormandy (1899) William Gilbert (1836)

Top songs of 1971

Joy to the World by Three Dog Night Maggie May by Rod Stewart

It's Too Late by Carole King One Bad Apple by Osmonds

How Can You Mend a Broken Heart by Bee Gees Knock Three Times by Dawn

Brand New Key by Melanie Go Away Little Girl by Donny Osmond

Family Affair by Sly & the Family Stone Gypsies, Tramps & Thieves by Cher

Your age is the equivalent of a dog that is 5.00352250489237 years old. (You're still chasing cats!)

There are 365 days till your next birthday

on which your cake will have 36 candles.

Those 36 candles produce 36 BTUs,

or 9,072 calories of heat (that's only 9.0720 food Calories!) .

You can boil 4.11 US ounces of water with that many candles.

In 1971 there were approximately 3.7 million births in the US.

In 1971 the US population was approximately 203,302,031 people, 57.4 persons per square mile.

In 1971 in the US there were approximately 2,158,802 marriages (10.6%) and 708,000 divorces (3.5%)

In 1971 in the US there were approximately 1,921,000 deaths (9.5 per 1000)

In the US a new person is born approximately every 8 seconds.

In the US one person dies approximately every 12 seconds.

Your birthstone is Citrine

The Mystical properties of Citrine

Citrine is said to help one connect with Spirit.

Some lists consider these stones to be your birthstone. (Birthstone lists come from Jewelers, Tibet, Ayurvedic Indian medicine, and other sources)

Yellow Topaz, Pearl, Diamond

Your birth tree is

Chestnut Tree, the Honesty

The moon's phase on the day you were born was new.

(and one more, um, mesmerizing mario birthday pic)

MZ208.jpg