LCVG

Thanksgiving 2006

Robot Monkey

No one's making you watch the parade, dude. I like to check it out for a few minutes each year since it's kind of a reminder of my childhood. Then I go kill 12 years olds playing as Locusts, throw cows 60 meters or more in order to escape from the Rabbid prison, save the world from damnation using my celestial brush, and try to mate whirlms in order to feed some sparrowmints.

I'm thankful for the Holiday that allows me to do all of the above in one day.

Oh, and you guys too, I guess.

No one's making you watch the parade, dude.

We have the parade police in our household - a phonecall every year from my wife's godmother checking up if we've got it turned on ;)

It's going to be a different Thanksgiving for us this year. Our first with Emma, our first in San Francisco away from my wife's family, and it also happens to by my wife's birthday so a double reason to celebrate. Work gives us each a ~20 pound organic turkey, so we're going over to a friend's place to tuck into one of them with his family (like us, him & his wife are away from family).

I'm thankful for my new daughter, and I'm thankful that we're together for the holidays.

We have the parade police in our household - a phonecall every year from my wife's godmother checking up if we've got it turned on ;)

I stand corrected. I think the only event my family calls to check on is whether or not I'm going to high holiday services every fall.