LCVG

Wii & Wii controller availablity/deals thread

GreenMonkey

OK guys, I know both Wiis and Wii controllers are hard to come by. I thought a thread tracking them would be useful. I've often got time to kill on the internet at work so I figure I can post when I come across some available.

Here's my contribution:

Wii remote instock:

http://www.jr.com/JRProductPage.process?Product=4136593

They had nunchuks and classic controllers earlier tonight as well but they are gone already ( I got 2 nunchuks and 2 wiimotes, but TBH they might go to ebay if the prices stay as high as they are).

You can use google checkout for $10 off but shipping is $6.95 minimum, so that comes to $39.99 + $6.95 - $10 = $36.94, about ~$4 savings on 1.

The Best Buy flyer in today's paper says they'll have a minimum of 12 Wiis per store. If this is the case, then I figure they've got to have at least some accessories, too. I'm going when they open hoping to find another remote or 2 and a classic controller. (I won't even begin hoping that they'll have component cables in stock.)

By the way, Best Buy's price on VC points is ridiculous ($22.99 in store + tax = $5 more than buying online directly on the Wii).

• 2 weeks later...

My Best Buy had third party component cables in-stock today.

React- $24.99; 8 foot cable; BB had 2

Psyclone- $59.99; 12 foot cable; BB had 2 or 3. It's a pretty heavy cable with some thick braiding.

The Psyclone doesn't quite seem worth it, but the React might be an attractive alternative to waiting for Nintendo to produce more (and paying the roughly $40 after shipping and taxes their online store charges). I decided to pick one up.

My Best Buy had third party component cables in-stock today.

React- $24.99; 8 foot cable; BB had 2

Psyclone- $59.99; 12 foot cable; BB had 2 or 3. It's a pretty heavy cable with some thick braiding.

The Psyclone doesn't quite seem worth it, but the React might be an attractive alternative to waiting for Nintendo to produce more (and paying the roughly $40 after shipping and taxes their online store charges). I decided to pick one up.

Cables is cables for the most part. I've had a faulty universal game cable (image was way too dark) but overall if it's properly manufactured it should work just fine.

My wife ordered component cables for me after my order got canceled as part of my ebay/overdraft/CC over limit debacle. :wub They haven't showed up yet though, I anticipate tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...

I wasn't able to find a Classic Controller anywhere locally, so on Tuesday I ordered one from the Nintendo Store (along with some other stuff like the component cables and a GBA SP headphone adapter). It got here today, despite the little availability blurb on their site. So, that might be a good place to try for the remote and nunchuck (search for "nunchuk") as well.

Amazon will be selling Wii's tomorrow:

Wii Available for Purchase 12/29: The Nintendo Wii will again be available for purchase on Amazon.com on 12/29, Friday morning, at some point between 7am and 11am PST. We will be limiting purchases to one per household. We anticipate that we will sell through our inventory very quickly as demand for this product continues to be very high. At this time, we do not have any information on future Nintendo Wii offers, but we will post updates on future availability on this page.