LCVG

World of Warcraft 2.0 Patch

jason

• Replies 180
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree the ptr queues suck. I was able to get in and play with a couple guildies just checking out arena battles and some bg pvp (we come from a pvp server). The hunters loved arcane shot, 1k plus per hit on anyone. Even though the talent build was old, the rogue skill Cloak of Shadows is awesome (every rogue will get at 66, it is a purchasable skill now, not a talent). It's basically the anti-lock or shadowpriest skill. In 1 arena battle I was dotted by a lock, popped CoS, Vanish and proceeded to destroy the 'lock. Too bad I'll have to wait for the Expansion and level 66. I would have liked to try out Shadowstep, as that is the new 41pt Subtlety talent, but I guess I'll have to wait for the patch.

The honor system seems like it's going to be nice. In just a little bit of BGs and whatnot I had 850 honor. I guess it's 22.5k for the high warlord weapons, so probably 2-3 weeks for someone like me to hit that much honor. Not bad for the 2nd best dagger in the game.

What class do you play Jason?

I have a Holy/Disc Human Alliance Priest that I levelled on Dark Iron (PVP) and then transferred to Lothar (PVE). With that character I farmed ZG, MC, and we were starting BWL.

I also have a 41 Human Paladin on Dark Iron, a 42 Human Mage on Lothar, and I'm currently playing a 45 Undead Rogue on Demon Soul (PVP). I'm trying to grind out 60 before the patch so I can participate in the mayhem. Even though I'm tearing through it, the process sucks.

What and where do you play?

I play on Tichondrius (pvp) and currently have:

60 orc rogue (some ZG/MC/BWL experience, but not much gear) main

45 troll shadow priest

various and sundry 18-24 alts

Currently I'm just screwing around with pvp/world pvp (logged out in Ironforge on my rogue atm) and levelling alts. I hate levelling priest, but I'm doing it in preparation of crafting skill changes in the expansion (300 tailor/290 enchanter). I have a 38 alliance lock on another server that was pretty fun to play, so I may spend more time levelling my lowbie lock prior to the expansion, depending on how long it takes me to grind honor for some decent gear.

For the horde! ;)

A

Joel, I know there was a bug with friends list issues after 1.12 I believe, but there may have been a few other issues as well. I stopped playing before 1.12 came out and re-activated after it came out and my whole friend's list was missing. I think there were some reports about bank bag slots, but I didn't hear anything about gold. Hopefully you submitted a ticket right away, and a GM can help you out soon.

Yeah, it's been a comedy so far. I submitted a ticket in-game last night after I discovered my secondary (26 warrior Ronde) not only was missing almost all the items from his bags/bank, but was completely nude, weaponless, and had 30s to his name.

I got a auto-form-letter reply after I logged off telling me to check for virii, trojans, and keylogger software. :td

I replied with

Hi,

I opened an in-game ticket regarding an issue I have with my characters, and received a canned e-mail response regarding keylogging software and the like. I don't believe my account was compromised, as it was in an inactive/frozen state until Monday afternoon, when I re-subscribed. Unless someone logged in, provided billing information, sold/removed my characters gold/armor/weapons/inventory, and then re-closed the account.

They replied with

Thank you for your follow-up email. It does not appear that your account was compromised. Everything looks great.

I responded with

Thanks for your quick reply, and I agree that my account was not compromised, but everything does not "look great". What can I do about the fact that most, if not all of my characters are missing items/equipment/money/armor/weapons, etc? Most importantly, my level 60 rogue character (Janica) had hundreds of gold pieces when I put her in hibernation a couple of months ago. When I reactivated her, I had only 77 silver, and all of my bags and bank are nearly empty. It appears the missing items are mostly my crafting supplies (various grades of leather, hides, etc.) My level 26 warrior (Ronde) is now completely naked with the same issue of missing items in his bags and bank.

That's where we stand now.

Waiting patiently...

World PVP has returned with a vengeance on my server (Tichondrius-PVP). Last night a few guys from our guild and a few from another were raiding Menethil, Karahnos, and various other bunkers/towns in the Dwarf areas. Later in the evening the alliance were attacking Grom'gol, and a few other horde areas. It was a blast! Not worrying about DKs anymore is sure liberating and a lot of fun too!

A

I am re-installing now. Havent played for close to a year.

I have a 60 hunter on Magtheridon, and a few alts on Lothar.

I always seem to play solo, and would love to get together with some LCVG'ers to do some of the high-level instances. I havent done hardly any of the instances, so my gear is pretty crap.

Jeff

Thorc on Magtheridon (may do a paid transfer to Lothar if there are some active LCVG'ers still there).

I transfered my 60 Dwarf Hunter to Lothar this weekend. His new name is Shardak.

I must have gotten disconnected 25 times tonight from Lothar. Most of the time I could immediately reconnect, but sometimes it would take 10 or 15 minutes before it would let me back in. Anyone else having troubles this weekend?

Okay, so all this talk gave me the itch to re-up today. When I logged in, I've discovered that most of my money and nearly all of my non-equipped posessions are gone! Both bags and Bank.

Was there some kind of bug that anyone knows about that could have done this?

I feel your pain. A few months ago, my account got hacked. I logged in and found my 60 main, naked and completely looted. After submitting a ticket and going through a 1 week ID confirmation process, a majority of my items and gold were restored. Good luck on getting your stuff back.

I respec'd my 60 hunter into Beast Mastery, 41/10/0. It will take some time getting used to PVPing with both the new talent/spells and using the default UI but so far, I was pretty pleased with the results. I can now kill warlocks and priests which is cool (my previous spec was the standard marksman spec, 0/31/20). I like being able to set traps in combat (although the 30 second cooldown is pretty long). I miss Scattershot though. That was really helpful for when someone got in my deadzone or melee range. I definitely have to pick up Hawk Eye again. I immediately noticed the reduced range.