LCVG

Any chance for Eternal Darknes or MGS for XBOX?

FLYING SE7EN

I know Eternal Darkness is a long shot, but since MGS: The twin snakes is a Konami property, couldn't it concievably see a port to the XBOX.

I'm this close to picking up a GameCube for ED and Metroid Prime (and MGS:TTS), but I would hate to buy the system only to find the games released later for the XBOX.

I normally wouldn't give it any thought, but seeing GTA finally come to the XBOX when no one thought it would leaves me thinking that anything can happen.

I realize that the Cube already has a lot of great games, with more great ones to come, but since I have a limited amount of gaming time and a lot of XBOX games I'm looking forward to, I'd like to not open a whole new can of worms if I could avoid it.

Not to mention needing to buy a component video switcher to handle a new console if I get one.... :shock:

probably not, since i believe eternal darkness says only for gamecube on it, most likley a second party title, I have no idea about MGS TTS, but if your thinking about getting a cube for those games, just get it, is $99 right now, eternal darkness is under 20, Metroid is 30, the game is amazing, the best game last year IMO and the reason i bought the system, def worth it.

The short answer, ED, no. MGS is actually a nintendo iniative rather than a Konami one. All Konami is actually doing here, is granting nintendo the licence and overseeing the project every once in a while, but, silicon knights, who incidentally developed ED are doing the grunt work. So, once again, I say, no.

There are some fairly good deals out there for the cube right now. At EB canada, buy a cube and one of nine games, and pick up a $40 rebate. While this is certainly great for consumers, I'm having a hard time understanding how nintendo expects to make any money at these levels. Given their policy of not selling hardware at a loss. Perhaps they have some very creative accountants.

The component video cables, alas, are one of those, send away to nintendo affairs. You should also budget for a wavebird wireless controller. Oh, and don't forget the low capacity, major profit center mem cards.

I'm not too sure about Konami games on the Xbox. I remember Konami being dissapointed with sales for MGS: Substance, even though it was already out on the PS2 for a long time.

Is TMNT a konami game? If so, maybe high sales on that may persuade Konami to release future MGS for the Xbox

I'm not sure if monster video makes component cables for the gc, I don't think so. I know they make s-video cables. I have a set for the cube, they were reasonalby priced. As to why, ask nintendo. Personally, I'd go with an s-video hookup, that saves the expense of a component video switcher.

As far as potential other gamecube titles, IGN has rumors of the Rogue Squadron games making their way to the xbox in late 2004. You can check out their coverage at their website.

I don't think you can go that wrong with a cube purchase at $99, just keep in mind the additional expenses you will inevitably make.

I'm not sure if monster video makes component cables for the gc, I don't think so.

Nope. Wish someone (other than Nintendo) did though.

Personally, I'd go with an s-video hookup, that saves the expense of a component video switcher.

Great, but you miss out on the progressive scan games. They really look nice.

-I'm in the exact same boat as our resident adjuster, I would like a GC for at least a few titles, and the price is right on the console, but the 'additional' costs have caused me to pause and evaluate if it will be worth the investment, especially since the money could go into consoles I already own. And it would be a real kicker if the games did end up coming out on alterative consoles after we've purchased the GC.

-I am actually just about ready to pull the trigger. I'm just looking for the best deals possible to help wash this pill down easily. Really, my last hold out will probably be tomorrows sales fliers, and then I'll hit B&M's with that and the info I already have. Wish me luck boys!

Great, but you miss out on the progressive scan games. They really look nice.

Doh! Forgot about that. The additional expenses of a cube for me were, some decent s-video cables, $35 can., mem card 251, $30 can., wavebird wireless controller, $45 can. Total, cha-ching, $110 can. Hell, if I added a gameboy player to get into the gba lineup, that'd be another $70 can and the extras would wind up costing way more than the system. Ay carumba!!

Well, I picked up a Platinum GameCube today. With my trade-ins, it ended up costing $54.49. After adding in a game, memory card, controller extension cable and component video cable the total came to $142.45. Definitely worth it. I should get the component cable on Thursday, so I'm gonna wait until then to hook it up. I will post my impressions after.

I guess the three console club has a new member. :oops:

Cheers.

J.

I'd just like to offer a quick dissenting opinion and say that I think Beach Spikers is one of the best multiplayer games on the Cube, especially for its current price

Your not the only one that thinks so. Beach Spikers is a very fun game and far better than its competition (ie DOAXVB) IMHO.

Skies of Arcadia for ten bucks?! When did this happen!??!

Check Glen's 10/12 bargain list and scroll down to Sherbz's first reply there. Apparently BestBuy.com had it for $10, though they seem to be sold out and/or the game removed. So you may want to check the brick and mortar (not sure if anybody mentioned B&M further in the thread) but it was at one point available for $10. Absolute steal :).