LCVG
kelley

Netflix members...

I don't think they number the episodes anymore also.  Mine was ordered Striking Vipers, Smithereen, then Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too.  I think the order is random, like that robot series they released not too long ago.  Of course, with only 3 episodes there is only a few ways it can show up.

2 hours ago, Eldorado said:

I don't think they number the episodes anymore also.  Mine was ordered Striking Vipers, Smithereen, then Rachel, Jack and Ashley Too.  I think the order is random, like that robot series they released not too long ago.  Of course, with only 3 episodes there is only a few ways it can show up.

The uber episode is what I was talking about. Need to watch the Anthony Mackie episode.

I figured that was the one you were talking about. It was just pointless. Sad? Sure, a little. But pointless really. 

Spoiler

Don’t text and drive. We get it. 

Striking Vipers was meh.

Smithereen at least had a message. 

Ashley Too was probably the most garbage episode of Black Mirror to date. 

None of this season's episodes were worthy of the outstanding mindblowers from previous seasons. 

Carlos. 

• Like 1

I actually enjoyed the Ashley Too episode, the others not so much, 

I enjoyed both Ashley Too and Striking Vipers. /shrug

Not top tier but better than that garbage robot hunter episode from last season.

Ashley Too has the distinction of me coming out of it actually liking Cyrus’ performance. I generally can’t stand her.

34 minutes ago, Romier S said:

Ashley Too has the distinction of me coming out of it actually liking Cyrus’ performance. I generally can’t stand her.

Yep

.....and Striking Vipers is actually super interesting. I love the fact that it’s not about 

a gay relationship in the end but about emotion/passion and the connection that people can have when freed in a virtual space. I love Mackey’s “We’re not going to fight. I want you to kiss me. If there’s fireworks then yeah it’s about us. At least we’ll know.” And then when nothing happens it’s almost like a big sigh of relief for both of them but then they have to deal with the real connection that they have.

Some may argue that Theo getting to have one unmarried night in “real” life is a bit unfair but frankly, his betrayal was far worse. It was emotional and passionate to the point of actual proclaiming love.

Thats totally what I expect/want out of a Black Mirror episode. The exploration of how technology can effect the human condition. I’m fine with not every episode ending in some horrid mind fuck.

I have not see it officially renewed but looks like S3 of The Toys that made is about Power Rangers, Wrestling, My Little Pony and TMNT.

Dark S2 is out. Currently on Ep4 of my S1 rewatch of the other damned amazing Netflix sci-fi show.:’

• Like 1

On 6/21/2019 at 9:33 PM, Romier S said:

Dark S2 is out. Currently on Ep4 of my S1 rewatch of the other damned amazing Netflix sci-fi show.:’

I’m also watching it again in anticipation of starting S2. It’s worth watching again because it’s been so long, but moreso because of the dense story and intertwined timelines. Also it looks amazing in 4K. 

1 hour ago, Robot Monkey said:

Is this the German show? I meant to give it a shot and completely forgot about it.

Yes! Season 2 just came out. 

I finished When They See Us last night. I started it a few weeks ago, but found Episode 1 so difficult to watch, I had to recover emotionally to be ready for more. I'm glad I stuck it out, because the story is well told, and I think it's an important topic to take seriously. The judicial system in this country is seriously flawed, flaws that have deep roots that extend well into our past. The disaster inflicted on these children is a much-needed and vivid illustration of how systemic racism isn't just a catch phrase, but a force that destroys lives and strengthens the vicious cycle.

It helps that the production values are high, the acting is pitch-perfect, and the writing is excellent...but all those technicalities are sort of beside the point. I believe this is a must-watch show.

• Like 2

On 7/18/2019 at 1:52 PM, rustyjaw said:

I finished When They See Us last night. I started it a few weeks ago, but found Episode 1 so difficult to watch, I had to recover emotionally to be ready for more. I'm glad I stuck it out, because the story is well told, and I think it's an important topic to take seriously. The judicial system in this country is seriously flawed, flaws that have deep roots that extend well into our past. The disaster inflicted on these children is a much-needed and vivid illustration of how systemic racism isn't just a catch phrase, but a force that destroys lives and strengthens the vicious cycle.

It helps that the production values are high, the acting is pitch-perfect, and the writing is excellent...but all those technicalities are sort of beside the point. I believe this is a must-watch show.

I guess I should just swallow and watch this.  Really not looking forward to it.  I'll make my wife watch it with me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, foogledricks said:

I guess I should just swallow and watch this.  Really not looking forward to it.  I'll make my wife watch it with me.

Her vocal frustration combined with her complete lack of social motivation should really enhance your experience! Given your shared frustration & pent up social inaction, your Friday night BJ should be mind blowing! 

• Haha 1

More than halfway through S7 of Orange is the New Black and man, what a return to form for the show thus far. After three middling seasons, I was nearly going to ignore this final season but if I made it through the dire S6, I figured I might as well finish the series off. I’m glad that I did! The shift in focus to immigration detention alongside private prisons gives the show some topical teeth again. It’s not perfect, but it’s been a huge improvement with some amazing character moments.

....Maritza.:(

3 hours ago, Romier S said:

More than halfway through S7 of Orange is the New Black and man, what a return to form for the show thus far. After three middling seasons, I was nearly going to ignore this final season but if I made it through the dire S6, I figured I might as well finish the series off. I’m glad that I did! The shift in focus to immigration detention alongside private prisons gives the show some topical teeth again. It’s not perfect, but it’s been a huge improvement with some amazing character moments.

....Maritza.:(

I liked S1 and S2.  I think it was S3 that lost me.  Do I really need to watch S4-S6 to enjoy the finally good S7?

It’s beyond belief that no studio would fund this given the talent involved. Startlingly depressing insight into how lost the industry is right now.

Kudos for Netflix for doing it, even if it sadly means limited theatrical screenings to major cities and no opportunity to own the film in highest quality. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

It’s beyond belief that no studio would fund this given the talent involved. Startlingly depressing insight into how lost the industry is right now.

Kudos for Netflix for doing it, even if it sadly means limited theatrical screenings to major cities and no opportunity to own the film in highest quality. 

Why wouldn't people fund it?  Because they thought it wouldn't do well?  Some sort of controversy?  I don't understand.

Just now, foogledricks said:

Why wouldn't people fund it?  Because they thought it wouldn't do well?  Some sort of controversy?  I don't understand.

Budget reasons primarily. High budget period piece with quite a lot of VFX work (they're using cg de-ageing trickery on the lead actors). Just amazing to me that despite all that, the names Scorsese, Zallian, De Niro, Pacino and getting Pesci out of retirement were not enough for at least one studio to back it.