LCVG

Netflix members...

On 9/19/2020 at 3:22 AM, JoeyN said:

Documentary on the Challenger explosion went up today, and I watched the entire thing. Went into more detail about the lead up , and attempted cover up  then I thought they would. Interviews with pretty much everyone involved.

Hi all. New Netflix person here. Have just burned through the whole of Mindhunter, the F1 doc is nearly done and a couple of episodes into S3 of Disco already, so thought I’d wander into the thread and see what else might be in there The Dreaded Algorithm isn’t pushing as it tries to think I’m a fan of true crime generally, rather than just the works of Fincher. 

So, in what sounds like a really stupid question, how much do they play the actual footage of the explosion on this Challenger doc? It’s a fascinating subject, and I suppose it’s possible they handle it as sensitively as Asif Kapadia did Senna’s crash, which is the other traumatic instance of me watching my chidhood heroes die, live on television. I’d like to know more about it, but I still have to look away if anything shows it. 

• Replies 1.2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

Mindhunter finally returns Aug 16th

Sweet, I’m in.    

Oh my...       

Posted Images

1 hour ago, iainl said:
Hi all. New Netflix person here. Have just burned through the whole of Mindhunter, the F1 doc is nearly done and a couple of episodes into S3 of Disco already, so thought I’d wander into the thread and see what else might be in there The Dreaded Algorithm isn’t pushing as it tries to think I’m a fan of true crime generally, rather than just the works of Fincher. 

So, in what sounds like a really stupid question, how much do they play the actual footage of the explosion on this Challenger doc? It’s a fascinating subject, and I suppose it’s possible they handle it as sensitively as Asif Kapadia did Senna’s crash, which is the other traumatic instance of me watching my chidhood heroes die, live on television. I’d like to know more about it, but I still have to look away if anything shows it. 

It is shown, there is a bunch of footage shown from that day. The crowd, the people at NASA, etc

• 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Sony and Netflix ink multi-year deal:

https://www.thewrap.com/netflix-and-sony-pictures-ink-exclusive-multiyear-film-licensing-deal/

Netflix and Sony Pictures Entertainment (SPE) have inked a multiyear, exclusive first pay window licensing deal in the U.S. for theatrically released SPE feature films, the companies announced on Thursday.

The deal covers SPE theatrical films beginning with their 2022 film slate. This new agreement builds upon Netflix’s pre-existing output deal with Sony Pictures Animation (SPA) films to now include all SPE film labels and genres.

Under the deal, Netflix will obtain first pay window rights to SPE titles following their theatrical and home entertainment windows. Tentpoles such as “Morbius,” “Uncharted,” “Where the Crawdads Sing,” and “Bullet Train” will be among the initial 2022 offerings.