LCVG

Grabbed by the Ghoulies - Gone Gold!

Chris F

• 2 weeks later...
Originally posted by Pharmboy@Oct 21 2003, 09:47 PM

IGN has their review of this one up in case anybody is curious. They gave it a 7.0 and said it was ok, but slightly repetitive and frustrating. I didn't read the whole thing so I'm not going into details ;).

Actually, they said it was very repetitive and the reviewer was anything but kind to the game. If it wasn't for the overall polish of the graphics, sound and presentation, I fear the overall score would've been much lower. Well, they didn't like Indy Jones either and dumped all over that one, and I thought that was a pretty good game. IGN is a funny place, an 8.9 for Blinx which I thought had a fair number of obvious problems. I'm not expecting stellar scores for the game, but, I'm sure this type of game will find its fans who'll thorougly enjoy what the game has to offer.

It's a disconcerting review to say the least. I'm curious to see how others take to it. I've always been taken with the Grabbed by the Ghoulies since E3, seemingly in a minotiry who were greatly looking forward to it.

It will be a shame if it is indeed a mediocre release, not only because the game had potential, but surely because if it is rather bland then many X-Box naysayers will see it as an wxcuse to point and laugh at the price Microsoft paid for Rare and start up another round of console fanboy wars.

Daniel

if it is rather bland then many X-Box naysayers will see it as an wxcuse to point and laugh at the price Microsoft paid for Rare and start up another round of console fanboy wars.

At least not here they won't ;) . Im still buying Ghoulies regardless of the review. I'll have impressions up later today along with Crimson Skies and Castlevania.

I'll be interested to read your comments Romier.. ill admit im intruiged by the game but it's not on my list of purchases, too many other good titles to get. I know Rare have made some stellar games in the past but not everything they do has that golden touch, i tend to believe the IGN review as Eurogamer said pretty much the same about it being repetitive and shallow in their preview.

Im having a lot of fun with Haunted Mansion right now which i think will be overshadowed by Ghoulies but is probably a better game.

Bough this last night. My girlfriend, her son, and I played for about 2 hours. All three of us are loving Ghoulies. I actually am enjoying it just as much as Haunted Mansion.

The graphics are top notch, and so far the camera has worked out nicely. I love that almost everything can be destroyed. The controls are done well and I also like the comic book panels that move the story along. I can't reccomend this game enough to folks who are looking for a fun game to play with the entire family.

-Dean-