LCVG
GreenMonkey

A Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones - HBO Series

Quick rant...the Kindle pricing makes me angry. I bought Game of Thrones in January for $5 on Kindle, and now it is $9, and the only reason I can think of is that they are taking advantage of the interest in the HBO series. On a side note, Raymond Feist's latest book came out last week, and the Kindle price is $14.99 and the Hardcover price is $15.05. For the extra $0.06 and free shipping with Prime, I took the Hardcover. The current pre-order price for A Dance with Dragons (Martin's next book) is $18.81 for Hardcover, and the Kindle price is $14.99. I love the convenience of the Kindle, and don't mind pricing in line with paperback versions. But I'll continue to get the Hardcover versions of books if Amazon continues to price the Kindle version so close to it.

I am so happy HBO made this into a series, and have been impressed so far with how closely it followed the book with the first episode. The opening credits were amazing, and I really liked how they showed all of the key locations that were in the episode. I wonder if they will change as the season moves along?

I don't even think it's amazon doing it. It's the book publisher,and it even states that on the item page. It's the same price on the Apple bookstore

I wonder if they will change as the season moves along?

Someone mentioned on twitter today that they will.

Watched this last night with my wife and loved it (I've read the book and she hasn't). She wasn't sold on it last night, but then tonight, it was all she could talk about. I can't wait to see the expression on her face (and here some comments from you folks) when some of the upcoming events happen. I thought the set design was perfect, and the casting was great, too, although I picture Catelyn being a little bit younger. She could still grow on me, though. I particularly thought they did a great job with some of the younger characters, particularly Bran and Arya.

Another great episode. The last 5 minutes where

They killed the butchers boy, and then Snow killed the wolf were brutal

I hear that the HBO store in midtown Manhattan is displaying costumes and props from the show. Going to try and stop by tomorrow.

Another great episode. The last 5 minutes where

They killed the butchers boy, and then Snow killed the wolf were brutal

I hear that the HBO store in midtown Manhattan is displaying costumes and props from the show. Going to try and stop by tomorrow.

Love and hate that

first episode ended with bran falling and going into a comma an d tonight's episode ended with him waking up love the thrilling ending on boths but I hate having to wait a week to see what happens next :/

Phil, Angel and I stopped by the HBO store. These are the only pictures that came out well. The main costumes were in the front window which had bad sun glare, and the inside of the store was really dark .

cb75e6d9.jpg

c4c6cc6d.jpg

97e10394.jpg

74aeadff.jpg

I enjoyed episode 3 though there were a couple of changes from the book that I felt were not improvements. Admittedly, they are still pretty minor and did not ruin the story or anything, but I felt they could have been strong character/relationship moments.

One involved Dany.

In the book, she is the one who makes her brother walk after he confronts her in the Dothraki Sea. This shows she is becoming a stronger character is not as afraid of her brother as she had been. Having it be a nameless Dothraki that makes this decision was a missed opportunity IMO.

The other involved Jon and Tyrion.

As they said their farewells at the wall, I felt the show made their relationship one more of respect than of actual friendship. They also removed Jon asking Tyrion to help Bran as he had helped him. Again, nothing that is going to turn me off of the show, but just another instance where I felt the book handled things better.

Yeah. Pretty happy so far. Any changes have been minimal (minus some Dany stuff...hopefully they are just starting her weaker and will let her improve more later).

And Tyrion is perfect so far ;)

Three words for tonights episode: That was awesome. Some scattered thoughts...

I really must read these books. There's such a density to the characters/locales that I feel like I'm constantly playing catch-up with the goings on. Not that I'm bothered by it. It just means I'm quick to rewatch the episodes.

The build-up in the final scene tonight was so fantastic. The pointing out of the sigils and banners etc. Advantage to not having read the books? I have no idea where things are going.:)

There really isn't a dull story thread in the show. It's hard to pick a favorite. I love the stuff with John Snow and the Wall. Sam just seems like a character destined to bite it eventually but the small interplay between he and John talking about the whore was good stuff. Tonights scene with Dani finally asserting herself was great as well. I need to find the name of the actress who in the tub with her brother. Good lord she was a knockout. ;)

Whoever said things would get more interesting once the main players were introduced in King's Landing wasn't lying. Ned is surrounded by enemies and Robert seems like such a fuck-up (though the "I've been sitting here for hours! Start the joust before I piss myself" comment forced a good laugh out of me). My favorite character thus far? Lord Baelish. I can't get a bead on the guy outside of his obvious love for Stark's wife but he's likeable while seeming terribly shadowy at the same time.

Romier, I normally would recommend you read the book but at this point, don't. Not yet. It should be really interesting to see your reaction to the rest of this season. I will say no more :).

I'll read the first book once the season is done. Last nights episode was the best yet. Whoever cast the show(especially the children) deserves awards and a raise.

For all the geek talk about this series over the years & in the run up to the TV show, I thought I was the only geek alive who hadn't read it. Good to see I'm not :)

For all the geek talk about this series over the years & in the run up to the TV show, I thought I was the only geek alive who hadn't read it. Good to see I'm not :)

I feel the same way, all of us will be along for the ride. I was looking forward to it because it's a Fantasy show, it's on HBO, and Sean Bean was in it. High Quality fantasy shows, and movies for that matter are non existent other then the LOTR trilogy.

I'm already on book two.

Question for the guys who have read the books

Are Renly and Loras lovers in the book, I don't recall reading such a thing but I do know Renly creates the Rainbow guard in the second book which I found hilarious

Question for the guys who have read the books

Are Renly and Loras lovers in the book, I don't recall reading such a thing but I do know Renly creates the Rainbow guard in the second book which I found hilarious

I think it was hinted, but not said explicitly.

Now THAT was a damned good hour of television! Great, great episode!

Hell yeah it was. What is really pissing me off is after next weeks episode, they are putting episode 7 up on HBO to go a week early. Too bad Time Warner doesn't work with it yet :angry:

What is really pissing me off is after next weeks episode, they are putting episode 7 up on HBO to go a week early.

Understandable. Though I'm looking forward it. :D

Can anyone give me the positive spin on putting episode 7 up a week early? I know not everyone can use the app but isn't it likely to eat into the ratings for the episode?

It's a big episode where lots of stuff happens. trya nd get some hype built for it.