LCVG
GreenMonkey

A Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones - HBO Series

1 hour ago, JoeyN said:

Biggest moment was what Gili read in the book, and he just cut her off.

Was she about to reveal something about Raegar and an annulment possibly changing things for Jon being an heir?

I think I need a family tree. 

14 minutes ago, Starhawk said:

Was she about to reveal something about Raegar and an annulment possibly changing things for Jon being an heir?

Almost certainly.

Great episode.  N-1 episode coming up next week, so you know a good chunk of that super group can't make it out alive.  I really don't think Cersei is pregnant and the lengths she'll go to manipulate even Jamie are impressive and horrifying.  The upcoming break between seasons is going to be brutal.

2 hours ago, Starhawk said:

I think I need a family tree. 

Pretty much revealing that he is the heir to the throne, not Dany

• Epic Post 1

This season is just fan service.  They are just feeding us every moment we've been waiting for over and over in rapid succession.  This is so far the most satisfying series finale season I've ever watched.  It's almost too much. I'm left wondering whether this season can stand alone as a good season, or only as a culmination of the series.  The best moments rely heavily on our vast knowledge of past.

19 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

This season is just fan service.  They are just feeding us every moment we've been waiting for over and over in rapid succession.  This is so far the most satisfying series finale season I've ever watched.  It's almost too much. I'm left wondering whether this season can stand alone as a good season, or only as a culmination of the series.  The best moments rely heavily on our vast knowledge of past.

Narrator:  It was not the final season.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

You know what, I've been hearing people refer to these 7 episodes as the first half of Season 7 and that the next 7 episodes will be the second half of Season 7.  So that's how I've been thinking about it.  But maybe it is just straight S7 and S8.

Yup, that's the only major takeaway from that episode :)

That was one of the funniest episodes of the series, you know, for the first half at least.  My favourite line had to be:

That’s whinging, (Beric has been) killed six times you don’t hear him complaining about it.”

Just an epic episode.  I mean zombie dragon, damn!  I was so pumped after that episode it took forever to fall asleep last night.

It had a few issues, but the good always outweighs the bad in this show. The group talking amount themselves at the start had many great moments. Then the end was edge of my seat stuff. I've seen people say the Arya thing was out of character, but I think she was just trying to scare Sansa. plus they have set up the many faces again, so little finger won't be alive much longer. ;) However will it be Arya like we all think, or Sansa somehow.

yes the longest episode of the show next week.

1 minute ago, JoeyN said:

.... so little finger won't be alive much longer. ;) 

I tire of his smirk and long for his comeuppance.... which is what worries me, because this damn show loves to let a complete bastard of a character get a way with something at the cost of killing off someone more innocent, and we're overdue that kind of a mega "fuck you" to the audience with one episode left. :) 

3 hours ago, Angry the Clown said:

I tire of his smirk and long for his comeuppance.... which is what worries me, because this damn show loves to let a complete bastard of a character get a way with something at the cost of killing off someone more innocent, and we're overdue that kind of a mega "fuck you" to the audience with one episode left. :) 

He's my favorite character so...no. Let him keep moving the chess pieces.

..but yes he'll probably die soon and Arya will likely be the one to kill him.

I'm still giggle at the episode though and not for good reasons. Yes, it was epic and the Night KIng went pure olympic gold medalist on that dragon but it was hard to ignore the pure convenience of the writing. Gendry not only had the bossiest of boss ass cardio but he managed to compress a trip that likely took a day/days into 20 minutes. The Flash would have been proud. Not to mention the men of the Night's Watch employed what has to be the most amazing Raven in all of Westeros to reach Dragon Stone and let Dany know what's happening. My guess is that the Raven must have contacted Heimdal over in Marvel's Thor universe to use the Asgardian Rainbow Bridge to reach Dragon Stone. :) It's the only explanation my mind can wrap around to excuse the ridiculous convenience on display in that episode. I'm usually pretty lenient with traveling time lines in the show. Even though characters move around in minutes, it can be generally excused as the audience not seeing the days/weeks that go into their movements. Last night? There's little excuse for that and while I love me some fighting and dragons - that's one seriously bullshit pill to swallow.

1 hour ago, Romier S said:

I'm still giggle at the episode though and not for good reasons. Yes, it was epic and the Night KIng went pure olympic gold medalist on that dragon but it was hard to ignore the pure convenience of the writing. Gendry not only had the bossiest of boss ass cardio but he managed to compress a trip that likely took a day/days into 20 minutes. The Flash would have been proud. Not to mention the men of the Night's Watch employed what has to be the amazing Raven in all of Westeros to reach Dragon Stone and let Dany know what's happening. My guess is that the Raven must have contact Heimdal over in Marvel's Thor universe to use the Asgardian Rainbow Bridge to reach Dragon Stone. :) It's the only explanation my mind can wrap around to excuse the ridiculous convenience on display in that episode. I'm usually pretty lenient with traveling time lines in the show. Even though characters move around in minutes, it can be generally excused as the audience not seeing the days/weeks that go into their movements. Last night? There's little excuse for that and while I love me some fighting and dragons - that's one seriously bullshit pill to swallow.

All true, but this far into the show I just enjoy the pure unadulterated nonsense of it all. 

8 hours ago, Romier S said:

Hide contents

one seriously bullshit pill to swallow.

Who says it went in that end?

I'll show myself the door.