LCVG
GreenMonkey

A Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones - HBO Series

36 minutes ago, Dimness said:

If any good came out of this season, I discovered freefolk thanks to you guys.

Speaking of which..

Another rushed season of #GOT[IMG]. Liked the characters arcs but FELT few of them. The final episode played out in the best story way possible - surprising but inevitable. Forget the prequels gimmee that Ayra Goes West series!!

• Like 1

I’ve come to terms with the end. Because in the end, Bran was the “bad guy” of the entire thing. He knew everything that would happen from the time he became the three eyed raven, and did nothing to stop any of it. The line at the end “It’s why I came all this way” gets worse every time I think about. 

• Like 4

3 hours ago, JoeyN said:

I’ve come to terms with the end. Because in the end, Bran was the “bad guy” of the entire thing. He knew everything that would happen from the time he became the three eyed raven, and did nothing to stop any of it. The line at the end “It’s why I came all this way” gets worse every time I think about. 

I cannot recall.  How much DID he interfere with everything?  I truly do not remember.  If his motivation was power and chose to interfere or not interfere in service of personal quest for power, then he's the bad guy.  If however like Dr. Strange he let's terrible things happen in service of the best possible outcome, then he's a good guy.  You really think it is the former?

OR maybe his role was a bit more 'Let free will reign and let the chips fall where they may.'  Him being King is just an extension of that.  When he sat down at the table, he more or less told everyone that they could make the decisions, and then he left them to it.  He truly is acting like god, letting men choose their destiny while he just nudges them here and there.

I have a hard time seeing that he is the BAD guy.  But maybe I'm missing something.

• Like 1

I think the Bran-is-THE-bad-guy take is a retcon explanation, i.e., it wasn't a viable interpretation of the plot for episodes 1.1 - 8.5, until what happened in 8.6.  Then, in a search for meaning, one could go back and find, and invent, clues to show that Bran was "letting" everything happen the way it did so he could assume power.  

Ben Shapiro (yes, him.  But this is non-political)  makes a reasonable attempt at explaining it here.  It's like the "Jar-Jar is a Sith" theory  (relevant portion at 9:00)  

Carlos.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, Carlucci said:

Ben Shapiro (yes, him.  But this is non-political)  makes a reasonable attempt at explaining it here.  It's like the "Jar-Jar is a Sith" theory  (relevant portion at 9:00)  

I almost brought up the Jar-Jar comparison.  And also the How I Met Your Mother theory that Johnny was the hero of The Karate Kid.

21 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

theory that Johnny was the hero of The Karate Kid.

Well, it sure wasn't Miyagi, the alcoholic, child-labor exploiting, lying, thieving, lazy, juvenile assaulter.  And that's just in the first movie!

Carlos.

• Haha 2

54 minutes ago, Carlucci said:

Well, it sure wasn't Miyagi, the alcoholic, child-labor exploiting, lying, thieving, lazy, juvenile assaulter.  And that's just in the first movie!

Carlos.

200.gif

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Carlucci said:

Carlos.

How about I take these Pym particles, go back in time, and punch 10-year old version of you in the balls?  Then your childhood is ruined too.

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

33 minutes ago, foogledricks said:

How about I take these Pym particles, go back in time, and punch 10-year old version of you in the balls?  Then your childhood is ruined too.

That was you??!!    

Carlos.

• Haha 2

1 hour ago, Carlucci said:

That was you??!!    

Carlos.

Fuck, it was supposed to be an alternate timeline.  Russos need to get their shit straight.

• Haha 2