LCVG
GreenMonkey

A Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones - HBO Series

I don't get into a lot of TV shows. This is the best thing I have ever seen. It's just amazingly well done on every level.

Apparently Rufus Sewell has been cast as Stannis Baratheon.

He looks perfect!

He's a dumb little bitch, too. He could have maintained the peace by sparing Ned's life and marrying Sansa Stark (which his mother knew all too well). Instead by killing him he's pushed into full scale war with Rob. He'll also have Stannis Baratheon to contend with who's been built up as a brilliant military commander and the rightful heir of the throne. Not to mention the Dothraki threat which will materialize either from Drogo pushing for his son to sit on the throne or if he does die - I have a feeling Dany will end up being the first Khaleesi that the Dothraki follow into war.

In other words, Joffrey is going to have a world of shit around him in a realm splintered by war with a key ally (the Starks) against him. I don't see his reign lasting very long.

Oh and I really dug the reveal of the old man at the wall being a Targaryen. The Snow sub-plot is actually one of the most interesting ones to me because I'm really eager to see what happens when the White Walkers return.

Well Joffery is only supposed to be 12 years old, what kind of 12 year old really thinks of all that? lol

Well Joffery is only supposed to be 12 years old, what kind of 12 year old really thinks of all that? lol

The type of 12 year old that listens to his far more cunning and intelligent mother who we've been shown to have tried to instill a bit of pragmatism when dealing with their enemies. I can certainly understand a bit of petulance at 12 year old, but Joffrey as presented in the show is obviously older. Even then I wouldn't expect him to consider all the angles but ignoring the counsel of those around you who have? Yeah that's just inexcusable stupidity.:)

The type of 12 year old that listens to his far more cunning and intelligent mother who we've been shown to have tried to instill a bit of pragmatism when dealing with their enemies. I can certainly understand a bit of petulance at 12 year old, but Joffrey as presented in the show is obviously older. Even then I wouldn't expect him to consider all the angles but ignoring the counsel of those around you who have? Yeah that's just inexcusable stupidity.:)

Yeah. He's an arrogant asshole even as a kid. Supposedly he's 13 in the show (up from 12 in the books).

This is pretty amusing...GOT theme song Nintendo-fied.... :D

This damned show. This DAMNED show. It's just SOOOOO good.

Is it me or did they really ratchet up the music in the finale? Some wonderfully epic music that really helped wrap me up even more into the story (I really must get the soundtrack). The scene were all of the lords swear fealty to Rob was incredibly well done. All of the dangling threads are going to make the wait for season 2 unbearable!

Oh and I'm 2 for 2 on calling some of this stuff now considering where Dany ended up. LOVED IT. How to make Game of Thrones, better? Add dragons.:D

Oh and despite how much I'm enjoying all of the plot lines, the one that really got to me and left me aching to see what would happen is when the Night's Watch Commander ordered his forces beyond the wall!

i was wondering where the fuck Rickon was... I didn't remember seeing him all season until tonight or maybe I just wasn't paying much attention lol

i was wondering where the fuck Rickon was... I didn't remember seeing him all season until tonight or maybe I just wasn't paying much attention lol

He had one tiny scene toward the beginning of the season, and one a few eps back where he comes into Bran's room and complains that everyone is leaving and insists they aren't coming home.

Good last episode. I just finished reading book 1 (gotta prep for Dance next month). So far their changes have been mostly minor stuff...moving things around, etc. Like Rickon + Shaggydog in the crypts...Shaggy attacks Master Luwin in the book to be skeptical about the dreams (not Osha). I didn't really fit for her to be skeptical.

This stuff is all minor though. Overall, minus maybe the awkward Shae/Bran/Tyrion scene in the tent, and a couple of "let's make sure exposition doesn't bore people by adding gratuitous boobies" moments (this just leads to boobie distraction causing people not to listen), they did a smash up job. I'd have like to have seen Tyrion fighting though with his wildlings, last episode - the way they cut that was an obvious budget-saving maneuver.

Is it me or did they really ratchet up the music in the finale? Some wonderfully epic music that really helped wrap me up even more into the story (I really must get the soundtrack).

It isn't just you! The music was always good, but this episode it was just WOW!

For those interested.The finale was the highest watched episode with a 3 million viewers at it's first airing. 3.8 total with the repeat right after. Add in DVR, On Demand and other repeats and the show averages 8.3 million a week.

It's one of my favorites. A few are as good or close. Battlestar, The Shield and Lost.

So, best 1st season of a TV series ever? I can't think of anything that comes close for me.

In the drama category? It's up there with BSG, Deadwood, Terriers and Firefly.

So, best 1st season of a TV series ever? I can't think of anything that comes close for me.

Walking Dead >>>>>>>

S2 Casting news already

Natalie Dormer, best known for her role as Anne Boleyn on The Tudors, will play Margaery Tyrell

Fuck! It's going to be a long wait for S2. I had to stay out of here until I got I chance to watch the finale. Definitely a bit more low-key than I was expecting, but at the same time, great setup for the next season. It's been a while since I've been emotionally invested enough in a series where my pulse rate kicks up when certain characters come on screen. Peter Dinklage is AMAZING and my favorite character in quite some time on any series.

I would definitely agree with one of the best season 1s I've seen, from personal experience the only one I think would compare would be BSG (maybe Twin Peaks, but that almost doesn't count since the whole run was so short). Just one of those rare cases where the show comes charging out of the gate and didn't need to "find it's legs" like such eventually wonderful series as ST:TNG, X-Files, etc.

Just finished the season last night. Had a bit of a random question.

Where did the dragon eggs, that Daenerys received as a wedding present, come from? (if this is a spoiler, just tell me I'll find out in a later book) Am I right in remembering that someone said they were petrified (or something along those lines) ?

Quick question for those who have read the books. Did season 1 end where the 1st book ended?

I'm probably going to start reading the books soon, hopefully that will help me remember names and relations, especially with some of the lesser seen characters.

Just finished the season last night. Had a bit of a random question.

Where did the dragon eggs, that Daenerys received as a wedding present, come from? (if this is a spoiler, just tell me I'll find out in a later book) Am I right in remembering that someone said they were petrified (or something along those lines) ?

Quick question for those who have read the books. Did season 1 end where the 1st book ended?

I'm probably going to start reading the books soon, hopefully that will help me remember names and relations, especially with some of the lesser seen characters.

The Eggs were a wedding gift and yup they were petrified, I do not think the book nor the movie says who they were gifted by though I could be wrong, and yes I think pretty much Season 1 ends how book 1 ended.

I am totally hating the new book though ugh... I only started reading the books now. I can only imagine how people who've been waiting 4 or 5 years for this book must feel like most arne't happy from all the Amazon reviews lol

The Eggs were a wedding gift and yup they were petrified, I do not think the book nor the movie says who they were gifted by though I could be wrong, and yes I think pretty much Season 1 ends how book 1 ended.

For some reason I thought it was from Ilyrio or whatever that old timer's name is. The one they stayed with and whose house Drogo first eyeballed Dani.

I am totally hating the new book though ugh... I only started reading the books now. I can only imagine how people who've been waiting 4 or 5 years for this book must feel like most arne't happy from all the Amazon reviews lol

Yes!!! I though everyone loved it except me. Stay strong, brother.

I am 99.9% sure Jay got it right - it was Illyrio who gave Dany the eggs as a wedding present. Not sure where he got them from as they were rare and expensive, but he is(was? I don't want to spoil anything :)) a rich man.

I just finished Dance yesterday. Like Feast, it seems to drag more than the other books did. There are moments, but overall it was not completely satisfying.