LCVG
GreenMonkey

A Song of Ice and Fire - Game of Thrones - HBO Series

It wasn't the sexual activity that established Littlefinger, it was what he was saying.

..but the sexual content brought a certain impact to the scene and established a specific atmosphere that brought further attention to the monologue in the first season episode. You can feel free to turn off your TV and have your receiver play nothing but audio during that scene and I don't think it would have the same impact or draw your attention in the same way.

Baelish is a grimy, conniving bastard that runs a high priced whore house operating in the underbelly of King's Landing. I don't go into his scenes expecting Barney and friends nor do I expect HBO to treat them as such.

- it just made me roll my eyes and think, "Oh, there's HBO trying to throw in some more flesh..." If the show makes me, a long-time fan of the series, feel this way I can only imagine how it will make some people (like my wife) react.

My wife loves the show. The sex doesn't bother her one bit. We were watching it last night and she was amazed they didn't get more graphic considering it's a brothel and the scene with Little Finger in the first season was "worst" in so far as sexual situations. Also from what I've seen online - the show is actually tame compared to the books themselves as Daniel mentioned. I don't know that as a fact since I've not read them but it seems to be the consensus among many viewers familiar with Martin's work.

In the end, you could argue its gratuitous or HBO wanting to show more skin but then so what? It hasn't subjectively affected or hurt the storytelling in any discernible way that I've personally noticed and the viewership of the show is generally strong so.....? Your argument seems to be to tone it down cause it affects/offends certain people (specifically your wife). I get that from a husband wanting his wife to see the material and share that. However, (and I don't mean to be blunt) if some people are offended - then don't watch the show. The content simply may not be for them.

I downloaded the first show and then convinced the wife to order HBO. We'll keep it until true blood is over and then cancel. I'm sure HBO has noticed a lot of people adding on for it.

Well, there's discussion that they may split book 3 into two seasons so we won't likely find out until that's worked out.

According to Martin himself on his site, season 3 will again be 10 episodes and cover about half of book 3. He is writing the 7th episode entitled (potential spoiler but not what you might think)

Autumn Storms

Also, in this EW interview: http://insidetv.ew.com/2012/03/30/game-of-thrones-showrunners-season-2/ Benioff & Weiss seem to imply that the 10 episodes per season structure is pretty much a lock.

Hot damn, how does this show manage to get better every week? Tyrion was in rare form this episode and the finale with Melisandra was....creepy.

Hot damn, how does this show manage to get better every week? Tyrion was in rare for this episode and the finale with Melisandra was....creepy.

Yeah, when she turned around, I was like Holy Shit!

That was one fucked up episode. Tyrion is my favorite character on TV. Every scene he is in, is golden.

The overall tone of the episode was much darker than usual. Which is funny considering the show is pretty dark to begin with. Just everything having to do with the fire priestess, Joffrey being the sadistic little fuck that he is and everything that happened in Harrenhal (the rat torture)..

I do love Arya reciting the names of all the people she wants to kill. :D

Last night was indeed fantastic. Joffey is indeed one little sick fuck.

Did anyone else let out an "Ewwwww" a couple of episodes ago when Little Finger wiped the jizz off of the girls mouth and then the other dude kissed her about 15 seconds later?

-Dean-

Last night was indeed fantastic. Joffey is indeed one little sick fuck.

I was kinda hoping they would reel that in a bit. I get it. He's a shit.

Did anyone else let out an "Ewwwww" a couple of episodes ago when Little Finger wiped the jizz off of the girls mouth and then the other dude kissed her about 15 seconds later?

Totally!

Even an episode like tonight was fantastic. So much going on, the episode felt longer then it was.

Having just finished the third book, hearing that they might split the third book into two seasons is awesome. The first book is great, the second book is good but the third book is just flat out awesome. The second season has been good so far but I'm really just looking forward to next year and getting onto the book 3 content.