LCVG

Snow 2007

EnemaEms

Here in the Chicago area we just had a ton of snow dumped on us (it is still snowing by me). Not as much as poor upstate New York just got, but enough to snow me in. Most of the snow is about a foot and a half deep. However, I have areas where it is up to and past my hips. I can't even open my front door and my backdoor I can open just enough to get outside. My poor dogs made themselves a path to get where they need to go.....to go. :)

-Dean-

Toronto got hit pretty badly last night-there's about a foot on our back deck, and it's still blowing all over the place. Got up this morning, saw that they'd closed schools, and decided that was a good metric for working from home. I have to drive all the way across the city, and when I can work remotely just as easily as I can in the office, why fight the traffic and the weather.

First major snow of the year though-up until now it's been mostly ice.

I'm in the Albany, NY area. We got a paltry 3-4'' overnight, but are slated to get hit with 15-20'' by tomorrow am. I'm hoping we get double that, but that's just me :)

Not too far west of us they're dealing with something like 12-15' of snow. I'm a good bit envious.

I'm in the Albany, NY area. We got a paltry 3-4'' overnight, but are slated to get hit with 15-20'' by tomorrow am. I'm hoping we get double that, but that's just me :)

Not too far west of us they're dealing with something like 12-15' of snow. I'm a good bit envious.

I think we're in the same boat Tim. I live in Berkshire County in Western Mass.

Yep, not far at all.

You anywhere near Jiminy Mtn? I wonder how much they're getting. We were pondering heading over either tonight or tomorrow and hitting the slopes :)

Funny you should ask. About 20 minutes. I was the Accounting Manager at Jiminy for 13 years until starting the job here in August 06'.

All that snow sounds like fun. I've only seen snow once in my life, when it snowed here in Tampa in 1977. I was 5 years old at the time so I barely remember it.

Trust me, it's not. It sucks to drive in most of the time, it's cold and wet, and you have to shovel it. Fuck Kyoto-at this point we need MORE global warming here :)

I'd say we got about 1 1/2 feet of snow just a tad north of Toronto (Markham). Had to fire up the snow blower this morning to clear the driveway. Other than that, didn't have much problems. My co-workers out west (Hamilton) had it bad though. They got hit with over 4ft of snow. Lucky sobs get to stay home. :D

I just bought a truck, and plow. So although I only got a 1/2 an inch, I got all excited, went out at 6:40am before work, and plowed my driveway. My wife came out afterward, looked at the driveway and said "doesn't even look like you plowed." That comment is ranked up there with "This doesn't look any different than regular DVD" after watching my King Kong HD-DVD. If I didn't have a daughter with her...

I just bought a truck, and plow. So although I only got a 1/2 an inch, I got all excited, went out at 6:40am before work, and plowed my driveway. My wife came out afterward, looked at the driveway and said "doesn't even look like you plowed." That comment is ranked up there with "This doesn't look any different than regular DVD" after watching my King Kong HD-DVD. If I didn't have a daughter with her...

Or when she says "you're already done"?

We got about 2" of snow in Northern, Virginia, but we also got about 3/4" of ice. I'm going to go drive to work now in it :w00t

We got maybe a little more snow, a little less ice here just a mile north of DC. I'm doing what I can to work from home since the people we hired to shovel our walkway and driveway haven't come yet, and none of the neighborhood roads have seen any treatment yet.

Lexington, KY saw some sleet last night but not much snow. Last winter was very mild and we got very little snow and the pattern seems to be continuing this year. About four years ago we had a hellacious ice storm that crippled the city for weeks but again we didn't recieve a lot of snow with that storm.

Having a good deal of snow doesn't really bother me. Driving in the stuff has never been a problem but I do worry about all the other maniacs out there speeding down the road at their normal speeds. It does make getting up my 45 degree angle driveway a bit difficult though.