LCVG

Whoa.. Lik Sang now offer free shipping worldwide!

paul h

I'm very interested in the AirStyle as well. I've got it down to either that or the Logitech. The Logitech is 2.4 GHz, and I believe that the AirStyle is 900 MGHz, no? But the WaveBird is also 900 MGHz, and I have no problems with that...

Didn't Nintendo give Lik Sang a massive slap in their want to crack down on Gmaecube software imports?

I think I remember something about them wanting to stop software imports as well. Could you be thinking about the Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft vs. Lik Sang case about a year ago? Lik Sang has an article on their site discussing this, and the outcome. Basically, they lost and had to remove all of their mod chips and "backup" devices.

Originally posted by heavy liquid@Oct 16 2003, 01:16 PM

I'm very interested in the AirStyle as well. I've got it down to either that or the Logitech. The Logitech is 2.4 GHz, and I believe that the AirStyle is 900 MGHz, no? But the WaveBird is also 900 MGHz, and I have no problems with that...

I have the Logitech and like it, but the analog sticks are a little "floaty." The wireless is spot-on, though, never a bit of lag. I'd like another controller, though, and the AirStyle is cheaper, so if it works as flawlessly as the Logitech I'll get it.

I think Lik-Sang has gone through a couple of different owners since the big slap-down, so this might just be a way to get some positive business. The Made in Wario GameCube game was my first order with them, and it was the free shipping that swung it. (Does anyone know what the expected price point of the US WarioWare for GC is expected to be, since the import is only $40?)

Adam,

Well, I've only had about 2 hours with the AirStyle so far. But, I can't really find anything negative about it. I did some SH3, but that dosen't require much fast movement. I played some Devil May Cry, which is very fast, Madden, and Socom, and so far, so good.

The wireless is excellent, no issues with lag there at all. The controller is solid, very solid, seems heavy at first, but it's very well put together. The sticks don't float that much at all. All in all, I'm very happy, but your feel for it may be different.

I simply thought $39 was too good to pass up, the Logitech is way too expensive to be pratical, in my opinion. I wanted something that would work great for Socom2, so I won't have SO many wires hanging off me.

IGN did a really good review of it, in the Gear section if you haven't seen that yet...

Hope this helps... any specific questions... let me know.

Tom

I think I remember something about them wanting to stop software imports as well. Could you be thinking about the Sony, Nintendo and Microsoft vs. Lik Sang case about a year ago? Lik Sang has an article on their site discussing this, and the outcome. Basically, they lost and had to remove all of their mod chips and "backup" devices.

Mmm, that could be it, yes. I think it was a combination of this issue and Nintendo trying to crack down on anyone selling US and Japanese titles to countries other than those, althought the practice of the latter still continues, so I don?t know what's going on with that battle. So long as Nintendo don?t throw Romier in jail for supplying me with my US Gamecube imports, then we?re ok. :)

Daniel