LCVG

Where for art thou Rez?

Have all copies of Rez on the PS2 been incinerated? I adore Rez; though have never physically owned my own copy on Dreamcast or the Playstation2!! I miss it so much. I was browsing stores in London today to see it anywhere had it cheap, and no one had it except Virgin Megastore who wanted a gargantuan ?39 ($65) for it!!! Little success in finding it for a good price online either.

Daniel

PS: I did find Virtua Fighter 4 Evolution cheap today mind you, so that should finally take my PS2 off of life support.

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, Simplygames want ?32.99 and claim to be able to ship within the week. And videogameimports will do you the Japanese DC version for a "bargain" ?60. Have you called Gamestation in Watford?

Of course, had I known you'd eventually want one, I'd have grabbed that ?19.99 one in John Lewis a couple of months back...

• 2 weeks later...

Having heard so much about this game here and at the Home Theater Forum, I've been trying to find this game for my recently acquired PS2. Sadly, the major online retailers didn't have any in stock, and the prices on eBay were outrageous.

Then this weekend, while I was with a friend at a local Circuit City, I decided to go browse the game aisles just on the off chance that they might have a copy in stock. Lo and behold, my disbelieving eyes found not one, but two brand-new copies sitting on the shelf. I scooped up one for myself and brought it home.

So, how do I like it? I don't know yet, because I haven't actually played it. I do have a good excuse though. I blame it on an adventuring fellow with a with a hat and a whip for sucking up all of my spare time this past weekend. Not only that, but I also picked up another great PS2 game, which you can see in my avatar. I promise you guys though that I will try it out for a little bit when I get home from work tonight.

Daniel;

How about... Interesting! :)

Seriously, I'm too absorbed by Ratchet and Clank right now to play much of Rez. However, I did try out the first two levels of the game last night. Interesting. Once I really get into it, I'll say more.

By the way, how many levels are there in the game?

Damn, I want this game! I've been looking for a Dreamcast version for so long, but I can't see paying $50 for it, altough I may end up having to do just that someday. I don't own a PS2, so that's not an option. If anyone has a a copy they are looking to part with feel free to PM me.

Easily. I grabbed one copy, but not the other. Then, I walked out of the store (but not after I paid for the one copy I had!)

I'm assuming you're suggesting that I should have picked up both copies, then proceeded to sell one for a hefty price on eBay. Well, I suppose I could have done that, but I'm not interested in gouging anyone into buying a video game. But that's just me.

Of course, with the rapidly expanding postal strikes here in the UK, the race is on to get it (along with the digital camera I'm expecting from Amazon and the copy of VF4 I'm buying from the Rez guy) before our local delivery goes too.

Now you see why I will collect my Two Towers gift set in person next week. :)

Dan