LCVG

Jade Empire

CaptainRon

I enjoyed it, but I also have to agree that the original KOTOR was better. Then again, I'm a Star Wars nut, so I'm probably a little biased. Jade had a decent story though, and I did play through twice in a row to get both versions of the story. I'm not sure about the combat though-I suppose it was OK, but my biggest complaint was that there really wasn't much of a point in having as many styles as there were in the game. There were a bunch that were pretty useless, and then I ended up just mastering a selection of the useful ones and using those pretty exclusively. Nothing especially wrong with that (similar to any RPG I suppose), but they made such a big deal about the number of combat styles that I sort of thought there'd be more reason to vary things a little more.

Definitely a great game though, and worth playing through a couple times.

• 2 weeks later...
Liked the game a great deal on Xbox (although the original KOTOR is still better IMO) and played through it twice but, not sure if I would play though it again now on PC. Other than graphic update, any new content or other reasons to play it again?

I didn't play the xbox version, but from what I gather there are new fighting styles and monsters.

I enjoyed it, but I also have to agree that the original KOTOR was better. Then again, I'm a Star Wars nut, so I'm probably a little biased. Jade had a decent story though, and I did play through twice in a row to get both versions of the story. I'm not sure about the combat though-I suppose it was OK, but my biggest complaint was that there really wasn't much of a point in having as many styles as there were in the game. There were a bunch that were pretty useless, and then I ended up just mastering a selection of the useful ones and using those pretty exclusively. Nothing especially wrong with that (similar to any RPG I suppose), but they made such a big deal about the number of combat styles that I sort of thought there'd be more reason to vary things a little more.

Definitely a great game though, and worth playing through a couple times.

Which version of the story did you like better? I'm playing with an open palm character now. I'm always a sucker for being a good guy

Which version of the story did you like better? I'm playing with an open palm character now. I'm always a sucker for being a good guy

Honestly, I can't remember much about the story, but I do remember enjoying the closed fist path. It's not as extreme as the KOTOR changes, since the good/evil mapping isn't as valid, but it does open up new fighting styles (at least one of which is useful). The game isn't very long though (less than 30 hours), so 2 passes through isn't very arduous. Besides, it's interesting to go through the story again knowing the ending. You can also play around with things like getting your female main character to hook up with another woman :)

• 3 weeks later...