LCVG
Romier S

Rock Band Discussion

According to many news sites, the songs in Lego Rock Band will be exportable to Rock Band (1 and 2) for a small fees.

Totally worth a rental as there are some songs on it that I do want.

According to many news sites, the songs in Lego Rock Band will be exportable to Rock Band (1 and 2) for a small fees.

Totally worth a rental as there are some songs on it that I do want.

So will each copy come with a code to be used to get the songs, or is it going to be like Rock Band 1 and all you need is the disc present in the drive?

I'd been ignoring Lego Rock Band completely, but importing the songs would be really cool as there's some good songs on there.

Also, the "rumour" of a big Queen DLC pack coming this year seems to be true. We knew Queen were on Lego; we knew more Queen was coming; but not a 10 track pack!

So will each copy come with a code to be used to get the songs, or is it going to be like Rock Band 1 and all you need is the disc present in the drive?

There's been no mention of a code, but I would be surprised if there wasn't one.

I'm trying to figure out what exactly is the deal with the new Pearl Jam cd. I know Target is the exclusive seller. Looking at their site, they have the cd itself for $12 and a Rock Band package for $23. Also, it looks like it might just be a couple of downloads from a live performance instead of the full album. Am i missing something?

If it is anything like the GH package of Metallica's last album from Best Buy, the Rock Band package comes with a code to DL the full album and the couple of live tracks listed are a bonus.

Next week's DLC:

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Sept. 29) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. 1):

• Alice in Chains – “A Looking in View”

• Alice in Chains – “Check My Brain”

• Alice in Chains – “No Excuses”

• Alice in Chains – “Rooster”

• Alice in Chains – “Would?”

• Breaking Benjamin – “I Will Not Bow”

• Breaking Benjamin – “So Cold”

• Breaking Benjamin – “The Diary of Jane”

• Just Kait – “U Suck” *

• Kula Shaker – “Hey Dude”

• Kula Shaker – “Knight on the Town”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “Alice in Chains Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Price:

$1.99 USD, ?.99 UK, €1.49 EU (160 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) per track

$8.49 USD, ?5.25 and €6.59 (680 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) for “Alice in Chains Pack 01”

$2.00 USD (200 Wii Points™) per track

*Denotes $.99 (80 Microsoft Points for Xbox 360) or $1.00 (100 Wii Points) per track

Also, the patch for the 360 is out. It adds support for the LIPS mic. Finally!

About damn time on the wireless mic support-I'll have to try that out tonight. I wonder what was holding that back-I thought the wireless mic just looked like any other headset to the xbox?

Here's a list of fixes that are known:

* Ion drum sensitivity fix

* Lips microphone support

* Ability to Sort songlist by stars

* Star/score tracking

* Audition mode for the Rock Band Network

* Ability to background download from the Music Store

* Adjustment of timing on hammer-on chords

* The "Chinese Democracy" Album from Guns n' Roses is now in it's true track order from the album. Originally Shacklers Revenge was listed as track 1, and then Chinese Democracy was track 2. It's now reversed.

* Originally, Iron Maiden's "Fear of the Dark (Live)" didn't play it's song preview from the song selection screen, although it would from the Marketplace. It's now fixed to play the preview like the rest of the songs in the game.

This patch is pretty disappointing. I was really hoping the quickplay screen would be much like they have it in Beatles Rock Band.

The Star tracking capabilities in the quickplay are pretty lame, only being able to see what star rating you got for a song if a) you beat your previous high score and B) have it sorted by Star Ranking!

You don't actually see your star ranking with the score like in Beatles, but instead just have it sorted by songs you haven't played, 1 star, 2 stars, 3 stars etc.

While I LIKE having that sorting option, I don't think this is really all that great of a solution to one of RB2s biggest complaints.

I do like being able to download songs in the Background now though... although with the way I purchase my songs now that wasn't much of an issue.

YEAH! October 20th!

Another One Bites the Dust

Crazy Little Thing Called Love

One Vision

Fat Bottomed Girls

I Want It All

I Want to Break Free

Killer Queen

Somebody to Love

Tie Your Mother Down

Under Pressure

Yeah! I'm very excited by this news. Can't wait to download all those tracks and finally play Queen songs! Also, here's next week's DLC.

Available on Xbox 360 and Wii (Oct. 6) and PlayStation 3 system (Oct. Cool:

• The Raconteurs – “Many Shades of Black”

• The Raconteurs – “Salute Your Solution”

• The Raconteurs – “Steady, As She Goes”

• Alanis Morissette – “Head Over Feet”

• Alanis Morissette – “Ironic”

• Electric Six – “Dance Epidemic”

• Electric Six – “Gay Bar”

• Electric Six – “I Don’t Like You”

• The Flobots – “Handlebars”

(All tracks are original master recordings)

These tracks will be available for purchase as “The Raconteurs Pack 01,” “Electric Six Pack 01” and as individual tracks on Xbox 360 and PlayStation 3 system and as individual tracks on Wii.

Woo. Thought I might just forget about regular Rock Band since Beatles: RB (as much as I play the games, the Beatles game with DLC will be enough for a while), but I'll be there for that Queen pack :)

I endorse the AIC pack #1, but would also like the entire Mad Season album released as well. I think Would? and maybe No Excuses are the only two I'm interested in playing.

Also need additional Grateful Dead sometime soon.

Ok - I might have missed the boat to get the Rock Band 2 kit for my son for Christmas for $99... The price seems to have gone up everywhere...

I see that my local Walmart still has Guitar Hero World Tour kit for $99. Which is better?

Rock Band 2 is the better game. Most people prefer the GH drums over the Rock Band drums. Most people prefer the GH guitars over the Rock Band guitars (IMO the RB2 wireless guitar is the best). Essentially you can get the GH kit and buy RB2 on its own. If you do get RB2 I highly recommend finding a copy of Rock Band 1 or renting it and paying the $5 to import all but 2 of the tracks into RB2.

-Dean-

I've never tried the GH drums, but I'd think that if you were going to play RB primarily, the different pad layout would be more difficult to deal with. I've never had a problem with my RB2 drums though, except that they're not near as quiet as they were when I first got them. I'm really disappointed with the RB2 wireless guitar though. Not only is one of the fret buttons not working very well anymore, but the strum bar has stopped responding to downstrums after less than a year. My GH3 controller is still in perfect shape though, so I'll just continue to use that.

They've also released the full track list for Lego Rock Band, which will be importable into RB2 via a 9.99 transfer plus a one time code. It looks like there's no way that you'll just be able to rent the game and pull out the songs, but it's good that if you want to buy both you'll be able to copy tracks. There's also the added benefit of being able to prune the track list for RB2.

All American Rejects -- "Swing, Swing"

The Automatic -- "Monster"

Blink-182 -- "Aliens Exist"

Blur -- "Song 2"

Bon Jovi -- "You Give Love a Bad Name"

Boys like Girls -- "Thunder"

Bryan Adams -- "Summer of 69"

Carl Douglas -- "Kung Fu Fighting"

The Coral -- "Dreaming of You"

Counting Crows -- "Accidentally in Love"

David Bowie -- "Let's Dance"

Elton John -- "Crocodile Rock"

Europe -- "The Final Countdown"

Everlife -- "Real Wild Child"

Foo Fighters -- "Breakout"

Good Charlotte -- "Girls & Boys"

The Hives -- "Tick Tick Boom!"

Iggy Pop -- "The Passenger"

Incubus -- "Dig"

Jackson 5 -- "I Want You Back"

Jimi Hendrix -- "Fire"

Kaiser Chiefs -- "Ruby"

Katrina & The Waves -- "Walking on Sunshine"

The Kooks -- "Na?ve"

KoRn -- "Word Up!"

KT Tunstall -- "Suddenly I See"

Lostprophets -- "Rooftops"

P!NK -- "So What"

The Police -- "Every Little Thing She Does Is Magic"

The Primitives -- "Crash"

Queen -- "We Are The Champions"

Queen -- "We Will Rock You"

Rascal Flatts -- "Life is a Highway"

Ray Parker Jr. -- "Ghostbusters"

Razorlight -- "Stumble and Fall"

Spin Doctors -- "Two Princes"

Spinal Tap -- "Short & Sweet"

Steve Harly -- "Make Me Smile"

Sum 41 -- "In Too Deep"

Supergrass -- "Grace"

Tom Petty -- "Free Fallin"

T-Rex -- "Ride a White Swan"

Vampire Weekend -- "A-Punk"

We the Kings -- "Check Yes Juliet"

The Zutons -- "Valerie"

More excitingly, if you ask me, is that standard RB2 download stuff will play in the LEGO game, as long as it's not rated as unsuitable for the kids (apparently, the Danes don't want to be associated with the likes of Perfect Drug)