LCVG

TMNT PC Demo.

Romier S

Uploaded this for you guys tonight. Here is a 2 level Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles PC demo. (Yes the new game due from Konami this month). Runs beautifully on my setup and its definitely a trip back to memory lane (the purest definition of a beat-em up and a big cousin to the old TMNT arcade games).

Not sure if I'll be picking this one up yet (definitely a bargain purchase for me as of now, not sure I want to shell out a full 50 on this one). Thus far from my play time it seems Konami made on fatal mistake: No 4 player mode :( . Nonetheless, give it a whirl and let me know what you think.

TMNT PC Demo

Enjoy!

Tried the demo. I like the way it looks, and the gameplay indeed no different to the old Turtles games of the 16-bit days... That said, the levels on offer in the demo were mpt overly diverse in enemies and design. Just wandering the streets beating up enemy clone after clone (I didn;t like the way they just appeared ot of thin air)... It's nice to see the robot mice in there mind you, it wouldn't be a Turtles game without those little buggers.

Repetition of phrases quickly got on my nerves, which I believe is something the IGN review hit on. I'm not sure what to make of it really. It's not an immediate purchase for me, but I could see myself getting it in a year when we should be able to find it half price.

Daniel

Every review i read didnt like it for the way it was. Every single turtle games has been a slash/hack game except for the original NES one for the most part. its funny how they are all shocked this one is the same thing. My brother picked it up for X-box last night and loves it. Im gonna give it a go later today

capt

That's the odd thing I agree. It IS pretty much to formula of previous Turtles titles. Like I said though, I still find it more lacking in its diversity than the old 16-bit SNES titles. It's something I can't quite put my finger on, but certainly enemies were more prone to popping out of various places and from behind doors, and there was more activity on screen in the old games, where as here, at least in this demo, everything coming at me rarely differed.

It was getting rather tedious rather quickly. I can still pick up Turtles in Time and play it to death. I love that game.

Daniel

I can still pick up Turtles in Time and play it to death.

One of THE classic co-op brawlers. Of that there can be no doubt.

Can it really cost that much to license all those old games and put them out multi-plat in a compilation package? :) My kingdom for G.I. Joe and The Simpsons!

• 2 weeks later...